Help..bumps In My Mmf

Baking By BakedbyLisa Updated 3 Oct 2009 , 6:11pm by BakerzJoy

BakedbyLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakedbyLisa Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 3:47pm
post #1 of 9

I've been making mmf for a while but lately it seems like every batch is coming out with clumps of ps in it. I've had luck hiding them with different decorations but i'm making a cake next weekend that is very plain and won't be able to hide them. Why does this happen and what can I do to avoid it? By the way I did try sifitng once and I still had lumps. Has this happened to anyone else????? HELP!!!!!! icon_cry.gif

8 replies
BakedbyLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakedbyLisa Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 6:26pm
post #2 of 9

anyone?????

audrey0522 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
audrey0522 Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 6:41pm
post #3 of 9

Are you letting it sit overnight before you use it? I think that is suppose to absorb the sugar.

agentdorkfish Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
agentdorkfish Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 2:22am
post #4 of 9

I've noticed that a lot of people sift the sugar several times before making the fondant. Have you tried sifting more than once?

revel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
revel Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 4:58pm
post #5 of 9

I find that if i add the ps when the marshmallows are to hot i get lumps.

Mark-Mexicano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mark-Mexicano Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 5:21pm
post #6 of 9

i had this same problem yesterday. i was using target brand marshmallows and sifted PS and the fondant came out with these little hard lumps that would not go away 4 anything!!!! today i used name brand MM and it came out like it should. i dont know y but 4 me the name brand and off brand makes a huge difference.

karilove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karilove Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 5:50pm
post #7 of 9

try sifting the ps before you add the marshmallows... i always mix themby hand and haven't gotten any clumps.hope this helps

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 6:05pm
post #8 of 9

I really would love to know myself why it happens. I have a whole batch of acne ridden mmf here too. I have never had this happen. I can't figure out for the life of me why it did it either. I didn't sift but I never do, I used brand name marshmallows, and powdered sugar.

BakerzJoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerzJoy Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 6:11pm
post #9 of 9

It's happened to me before too. I honestly think it's when your marshmallows are too hot. If their too hot, let it sit and cool for a few minutes and then add your sugar. I know this is it, I haven't had any problems since! Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%