Stiff, Hard Mmf

Decorating By Ruth0304 Updated 2 Oct 2009 , 2:23pm by mgwebb68

Ruth0304 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0304 Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 1:34pm
post #1 of 5

Please some one tell me how to fix this, This is my second batch of MMF ( made it last night) and it came out stiff how can I fix it??? I need it for today icon_cry.gif would a kind soul give me some advice. icon_cry.gif

Thanks, Ruth

4 replies
Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 2:07pm
post #2 of 5

Try putting it in the microwave for a few seconds at a time until it softens up. (be careful - it may get a hot spot somewhere from the heating) MMF is usually pretty stiff after it sets and cures.

sugarMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarMomma Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 2:14pm
post #3 of 5

Kneading in some glycerin will help, they sell it at Michael's. Or you could knead in more shortening. Careful not to add too much or it will get too stretchy.

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 2:15pm
post #4 of 5

It could also be that you overcooked your marshmallows on this batch and crystallized the sugar in them. If that's the case, when you re-microwave, you will notice that it seizes up again very quickly while trying to work with it. Unfortunately, there is no really good way to fix it at that point and you will have to make another batch.

Good luck!

mgwebb68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgwebb68 Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 2:23pm
post #5 of 5

Mine usually gets pretty stiff after it sits. I just pop it in the microwave for about 10 seconds and that loosens it back up.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%