So I Got My Cake Breaker In The Mail Yesterday...... Roflmbo

Decorating By Tracyj Updated 6 Dec 2009 , 4:31am by JustToEatCake

mgwebb68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgwebb68 Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 9:17pm
post #31 of 53

Indydebi, those things were what us "80's girls" used for our BIG TEXAS HAIR (and I mean BIG) complete with some strange thing we decided to do with PART of our bangs and make them stand straight up off the top of our head, and curl back over just at the ends. Man, AquaNet had a rebirth in Texas in the 80's. The wind may have been blowing 90 to nothing at the football game but our hair didn't go anywhere!!!!

cakesdelight Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdelight Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 9:35pm
post #32 of 53

!!!!!!!!!! icon_lol.gif ROFLMAO icon_lol.gif !!!!!!!

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 10:25pm
post #33 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgwebb68

Indydebi, those things were what us "80's girls" used for our BIG TEXAS HAIR (and I mean BIG) complete with some strange thing we decided to do with PART of our bangs and make them stand straight up off the top of our head, and curl back over just at the ends. Man, AquaNet had a rebirth in Texas in the 80's. The wind may have been blowing 90 to nothing at the football game but our hair didn't go anywhere!!!!

Ha! I used to call those bangs "cyclone bangs" because they would stand up in that kind of wind!!

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 10:34pm
post #34 of 53

man, i'm glad i juuuuust missed the horrific style era known as the 80s. '89 - child of the 90s! score!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 10:39pm
post #35 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by adree313

man, i'm glad i juuuuust missed the horrific style era known as the 80s. '89 - child of the 90s! score!

icon_lol.gif My 17 yr old will tell me "The Best of the 80's" is on TV! ANd I'll tell her "That must be the shortest show ever produced!" icon_lol.gif

adree313 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adree313 Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 10:53pm
post #36 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:
Originally Posted by adree313

icon_lol.gif My 17 yr old will tell me "The Best of the 80's" is on TV! ANd I'll tell her "That must be the shortest show ever produced!" icon_lol.gif

i can think of only 4 things that i can say i genuinely love about the 80s.

1) john hughes movies/certain horror movies
2) all the bright colors people wore (i admit it... i'm a color wh**e when it comes to clothes icon_biggrin.gif )
3) SOME of the music.
4) chunky jewelry.

that in itself does not constitute even a 30 minute time block on tv for "the best of the 80s" icon_lol.gif

mgwebb68 Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 11:09pm
post #37 of 53

see, and I'm not even going to disagree with any of that because it's true, it was a sad sad style time.

Cyclone bangs, yep that pretty much sums them up.

I still like some of the music though, yep, Hair Bands!!!

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 11:42pm
post #38 of 53

Wait...tell me I'm not the only one who streaked colored mascara through her hair. Please please please. And wore neon biker shorts. icon_biggrin.gif

CambriasCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CambriasCakes Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 11:52pm
post #39 of 53

How 'bout this? Acid washed L.A. Gear jeans and a matching jacket, hi-top L.A. Gear shoes with pink socks peeking out...big, stiff, permed hair with cyclone bangs and a TON of bangle bracelets on each wrist? TELL ME I WASN'T HOT!!!! LOL!

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 11:54pm
post #40 of 53

OMG....LA Gear high tops...lol, ohhhh nooooooo!

Alaskahsm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alaskahsm Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 12:38am
post #41 of 53

Those giant bangs, my mom called, "Boy Radar". Man I loved the 80's.

Cakebelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakebelle Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 12:59am
post #42 of 53

Oh man! this is hilarious!!!!!!!!!LMAO

Thanks for the laughs!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

mgwebb68 Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 2:44am
post #43 of 53

OMG, LA Gear!!! That just screams 80's.

Nope Jamie, not the only one with the mascara in the hair. What else is a girl to do when your mom won't let you put in in there permanently?

Um, should I mention parachute pants.

Oh, and OP sorry the children of the 80's hi-jacked your thread. Because I can so see your husband's point, I know where I live if I tried to use that on a cake, even though I know that is it's intent, folks would think I was crazy.

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 4:59pm
post #44 of 53

Nobody did big 80's hair like us Jersey girls! lol Hell, even NOW there are some Jersey girls who won't let go of that look! LMAO

Makeitmemorable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Makeitmemorable Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 3:43pm
post #45 of 53

That is hysterical !

cblupe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cblupe Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 4:16pm
post #46 of 53

Too funny! Now I will have nightmares for a week. I grew up in the sixties, wore up to my a** mini skirts in the seventies etc. etc. Of course back then I had the figure to wear such clothes. Today, give me sweatpants and a t-shirt and a quick use of the hair blow dryer and be done with it. I've got things to do and not be a slave to fashion. icon_wink.gif

And, on the cake breaker - do you use it as a guide and cut the cake between the prongs?

Tee-Y Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tee-Y Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 5:06pm
post #47 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by cblupe

And, on the cake breaker - do you use it as a guide and cut the cake between the prongs?

icon_lol.gif I think its for lifting the cake pieces and also steadying the slice of cake while cutting.

indydebi Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 5:07pm
post #48 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by cblupe

No. It's used to hold the piece of cake in place when it's cut, and then it's a carrier to get the piece of cake to the plate. Check my "How To" link: http://cateritsimple.com/id10.html

indydebi Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 9:43pm
post #49 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

I need to figure out how to scan my 1991 Mrs. Rose Festival Queen photo so you guys can have a big shocking look. Big hair de-LUXE!!! But dang I looked good! (you have to if you're gonna win a pageant at the age of 32!!!!) icon_biggrin.gif

Ok....finally got my daughter to scan my pageant photo. Presenting the Big Hair version of ME!!!!!
LL

favrtdtr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
favrtdtr Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 12:02am
post #50 of 53

WOW Debi!!! You did look good!! LOL

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 12:35am
post #51 of 53

Debi, you are HOT!

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 12:39am
post #52 of 53

We all looked better "back when". Nice pic Indy - you still have those cute cheeks!

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 4:31am
post #53 of 53

Indy you look so beautiful but I have to tell you I had BIGGER hair than you...haha.Not as pretty but bigger!I'm southern ya know, and we still like big hair around here..lol..and I didn't use aqua net I used final net and then I switched to "stiff stuff".

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%