Nurse????? Birthday Cake Ideas Please!!!!!

Decorating By Tee-Y Updated 18 Oct 2009 , 9:20pm by Tee-Y

Tee-Y Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tee-Y Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 12:05pm
post #1 of 11

I'm meeting up tomorrow with a potential client who wants to order a birthday cake with a nursing theme for his sister who is a nurse, I'm swamped with work now and I just can't seem to come up with something I like, please any suggestions will be HIGHLY appreciated. Thanks.

10 replies
2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 12:19pm
post #2 of 11

There a a lot of nurse themed cakes in the galleries - they include stethoscopes, pills, bandaids, etc. MOst of them are graduation cakes, but could easily be adapted to a birthday. I made one once with a nursing cap for a classmate (Yes, we used to wear nursing caps - I won't tell you how long ago that was ;D). I made the cap out of paper because no one was doing gumpaste when I made it, but it could easily be done in gumpaste.
Edited to add - type nurse into the search bar, and there are pages and pages of nurse themed cakes! HTH

letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 1:04pm
post #3 of 11

Like TNTFundraiser said, there really are a lot of cute nursing cakes in the galleries. I really like the nursing scrubs like this one:

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1266046

colombean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
colombean Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 4:12am
post #4 of 11

how about a topper with a needle plunging into the cake and red fondant drops of blood squirting out!
I work with nurses and they all complain how tired they are. how about a nurse passed out tired on her couch? if you like doing figures...
or a cup of pills spilling over the cake... if you plan on doing tiers.
or a pair of nurses shoes?
I'll try to come back with more ideas! don't forget to post when you are done!

colombean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
colombean Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 4:12am
post #5 of 11

how about a topper with a needle plunging into the cake and red fondant drops of blood squirting out!
I work with nurses and they all complain how tired they are. how about a nurse passed out tired on her couch? if you like doing figures...
or a cup of pills spilling over the cake... if you plan on doing tiers.
or a pair of nurses shoes?
I'll try to come back with more ideas! don't forget to post when you are done!

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 5:22pm
post #6 of 11

I bought a nightshirt at a convention once that said: Nursing is:
A Warm Heart
Healing Hands
and Sore Feet
Each phrase had a simple little picture that went with it. This is probably too late for you, but something to think of for the future.

Jayde Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jayde Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 12:40am
post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by letsgetcaking

Like TNTFundraiser said, there really are a lot of cute nursing cakes in the galleries. I really like the nursing scrubs like this one:

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1266046

Hey thats my cake!

Thanks for the compliment, you know I made that in like 30 mins for my best friend's graduation from nursing school. We had a small party for her at a restaurant.

Totally easy to do. There is a t-shirt template in the templates folder, bake a sheet, cut out your shirt, cover with fondant and decorate as youd like. You can add way more things than I did, like a syringe or a name tag, or a bedpan icon_biggrin.gif. Like I said it was just a quickie that I made for my bestie.

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 12:57am
post #8 of 11

My first thought was a funny cake....half naked sculpted bum, and needle plunging into it...

letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 1:02am
post #9 of 11

Jayde, I can't believe you made that in 30 minutes! Amazing!

Sweetcravings, that is hilarious! I want to see someone make that cake!

Jewels117 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jewels117 Posted 4 Oct 2009 , 6:12pm
post #10 of 11

I agree with the others about the scrub top cake- so cute! My sister is a NICU nurse and that's what I'm going to make her for her next birthday.

Tee-Y Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tee-Y Posted 18 Oct 2009 , 9:20pm
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcravings

My first thought was a funny cake....half naked sculpted bum, and needle plunging into it...

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Nice idea but the cake is for a 60th birthday/retirement from nursing cake and its for next week so I'm thinking of going with the nursing cap idea and I'll be sure to post pics when I'm done.Thank you so much guys for all the ideas.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%