Congratulations To The Team With Our Own Jennifer Dontz

Decorating By superstar Updated 1 Oct 2009 , 9:05pm by JenniferMI

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 11:01pm
post #31 of 44

Thank you June...that is so kind of you to say!

Jen icon_smile.gif

Denise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Denise Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 1:15am
post #32 of 44

Jennifer blew them away with her roses and shoes! My mom thought her shoes were fantastic!!

It was a blast to be on the challenge - we all worked hard to bring the design to fruition! It is hard for them to show things that take place over 9 hours - like a thermometer that is beeping so loud it is messing up the sound and they ask if you could do without it, Tappit Letters that really go tap tap tap! Only cold water to clean stuff so I was constantly boiling water so we could clean utensils and most importantly, our hands! UGH I can't stand for my hands to be greasy! Trying to write with black icing on a white cake with Becky and Jennifer shaking the table (they were threatened with a painful and unnatural death if they did it again!)

It was fun...and Jennifer, Becky and Martha kept me in stitches. I would go back in a heartbeat!!

JenniferMI Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 1:19am
post #33 of 44

Denise would never kill me....she LUVS me!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

She was the glue in the corner that held the whole kitchen together....

Jen icon_smile.gif
PS - Her purse was the bomb . com!!! (That is Denise's famous saying - lol)

Denise Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 2:17am
post #34 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferMI

She was the glue in the corner that held the whole kitchen together....

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif glue in the corner!! OMG that is hysterical Jennifer.

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 2:19am
post #35 of 44

Denise! Your purse was fabulous, I have a number of your cakes in my faves, you are very talented. I keep going back to TLC to look at the cake, it was really wonderful. The whole team showed great skill. One of my favorite things is the tuxedo & dress on the side, did that pattern go all round the cake?

Denise Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 3:51am
post #36 of 44

Thanks Superstar! Yes, the pattern went all around the cake. The cake was very balanced in the designs. It was also HEAVY as all get out. I tried to pick up the bottom tier by myself...no can do and I am not that wimpy! Becky and I had to move it together!

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 4:01am
post #37 of 44

I absolutely loved those shoes & the purse was just amazing. I didn't like the wedding cake comment. So far out of all the TLC show challenges, that cake was the most detailed, flowed well, and was very clean. You guys showed be very proud of yourselves...I know we all are! icon_biggrin.gif

JenniferMI Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 12:30pm
post #38 of 44

icon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gif

I think I have a perma smile on my face!!!!!!

Jen icon_smile.gif

galliesway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
galliesway Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 12:47pm
post #39 of 44

I watched it and I noticed you right away!!! So naturally I was rooting for your team!!!! WTG!!!! The cake was fantastic! Not to get off topic but is your new dvd still on the works? You could show how you made that fabulous shoe on a future dvd hint...hint.... icon_biggrin.gif

JenniferMI Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 1:09pm
post #40 of 44

Galliesway -

Thanks!!! DVD still in editing stages.... I'm so anxious to get this one out!

The shoe is a GREAT idea to incorp. on another DVD, thanks for that idea!

Jen icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 8:18pm
post #41 of 44

I was hoping to see it but my friend didn't tape it for me! icon_cry.gif Hopefully she'll get it this weekend. icon_biggrin.gif (I can't help but think I'm really missing something here!) icon_wink.gif

JenniferMI Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 9:00pm
post #42 of 44

Oh you DID, you DID - LOL!!!

Hope she can tape if for you BWB.

Jen icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 9:03pm
post #43 of 44

Heck I'm still recovering from this past weekend! icon_lol.gif (You slave driver you!) icon_biggrin.gif

JenniferMI Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 9:05pm
post #44 of 44

Now...I wasn't THAT bad was I???? LOL

You girls were great!

Jen icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%