The Funny Things Husbands Do...

Lounge By sadsmile Updated 8 Oct 2009 , 2:24pm by Tiffany29

seasonsmoke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seasonsmoke Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 12:31am
post #31 of 44

Very cute story. He is trying to help in his own way. He was trying to build points for helping. He didn't want you to see how he put the shirts away. It was more like pretending to help.

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 1:30am
post #32 of 44

OMG! Boys and their toys. Do they ever REALLY grow up?

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 6:39pm
post #33 of 44

Around our house there is a rule: only the clothes IN the hamper get washed. If all his dirty clothes are on the floor, then one of 3 things will happen:
1- he'll eventually learn to put them in the hamper,
2- he'll wash them himself,
3- he'll be forced to wear dirty clothes (for most guys, a day or two of that and he'll figure out 1 or 2 pretty quickly!).

Men and Dogs: they CAN be trained! icon_lol.gif (I kid, I kid).

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 7:03pm
post #34 of 44

I just can't deal with stinky dirty clothes on the floor nor can our cats. They HATE his sweaty smell and will nail anything not picked up. That is their only ever bad behavior and honestly I think it's slightly funny-grosser than gross but funny.
I can leave mine out so can the kids even if we've done yard work or went jogging and really reak -though it rarely ever happenes. But dare even half an hour of his dirty clothes and the floor and the second you are not looking one of them has nailed it.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 7:22pm
post #35 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

I just can't deal with stinky dirty clothes on the floor nor can our cats. They HATE his sweaty smell and will nail anything not picked up. That is their only ever bad behavior and honestly I think it's slightly funny-grosser than gross but funny.
I can leave mine out so can the kids even if we've done yard work or went jogging and really reak -though it rarely ever happenes. But dare even half an hour of his dirty clothes and the floor and the second you are not looking one of them has nailed it.

When I was pregnant, my cat would do that. If you add some vinegar to the wash, it will get the stink out.

Sometimes I don't miss having a cat (found out I was allergic and rehoming Sammy beast cured my asthma). Sometimes I do miss him though...we've got a pet hedgehog which is allergy-proof but just not the same.

sadsmile Posted 6 Oct 2009 , 7:38pm
post #36 of 44

LOL thanks. I already know how to get "the stink" out both of them! Er umm my washer does. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif My washer has a steamed/sanitary setting and it's amazing! It does something to the water and bingo bango it's all out with no special soaps.

Now if only I could stick my hubby in there when he first gets home. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Dale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dale Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 8:27pm
post #37 of 44

Think of the good things we do...squish bugs, open jars, mow the lawn, grill the meat, crush beer cans with amazing strength, drink from the jug and put the empty back in the fridge (only to let you know we need more milk), protect the home, and last but not least....we never, ever get headaches.

Tiffany29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffany29 Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 9:46pm
post #38 of 44

[/quote]drink from the jug and put the empty back in the fridge (only to let you know we need more milk.

Quote:
Quote:

That is soo gross! My DH would be soo dead if he did that! LOL

We're not hubby bashing. Just find their ways of doing house work commical! And wish they'd pick up their own clothes!

sadsmile Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 11:37pm
post #39 of 44

OK so my hubby went to take the kids to school for the first time in a long time...

Now mind you at the beginning of the year I complained for weeks about the new car riders line drop off/pick up route. I even showed it to him on the flyer the school sent home and on map quest. he agreed it was out of our way but what can you do.

The rout takes you past the school to the next major road and around the whole other side of the school.

So I told him you have to ALL the way around. I even mentioned street and road names and stop lights!

He comes home with a sheepish grin and I say , "What'd, ya get lost?"

Yeah he says, "I went the wrong way! How come you can't go that way to the school anymore?"

DUH! So he tells me what happened.

So he drives past the school up to the stop light and can't get it out of his brain even though the kids told him to take a left... he makes an awkward U-turn hits the curb near where the crossing guard stands and heads back towards the school. The guard looks at him like he's nuts.

Our daughter who flips when things go wrong in the morning is banging on the glass yelling, Dad what are you doing!!? Our son is in the back seat laughing and saying wrong way, wrong way.

And then he tries to go into the school, blocked by a police car with flashing lights that he did see the first time he past that entrance to the school. So he makes a left into some private housing development and has to make another U-turn and winds up in the grass because he isnt used to our trucks turning radius. Finally gets on track but has a man sized temper tantrum about not being able to go the old way.

So back to the light he just made a U-ie at and finally listens to the kids on how to get to their schoolLOL

I picked up the kids after school and they were like Oh my gosh Dad is nuts!

LOL And now for the past week that guard has been eyeing me every time I pass.

Tiffany29 Posted 7 Oct 2009 , 11:51pm
post #40 of 44

sadsmile- OMG that was hilarious! I cracked up the whole time!

sadsmile Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 12:43am
post #41 of 44

I was like DUH!, "I told you , you had to go around to the other side... what made you think you could make a u-turn and just get in the blocked entrance?"

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 2:19am
post #42 of 44

My husband is funny about his socks too. He has several different styles/brands of athletic socks, only wears the no-show kind. He lays them flat in stacks in his drawer. I asked him once why he lays them flat and doesn't fold them down in pairs. He says, "So that I won't know if one is missing." What a hoot! icon_lol.gif

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 1:31pm
post #43 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabecakes

OMG! Boys and their toys. Do they ever REALLY grow up?

NOPE icon_biggrin.gif , and if was any different. Well you know...... icon_biggrin.gif

Mike

Tiffany29 Posted 8 Oct 2009 , 2:24pm
post #44 of 44

I can't believe I forgot about this! I was thinking of this thread and sadsmile sending hubby to pick up kids and thought..Men..! we give instructions and somehow they can't figure it out. icon_confused.gifthumbs_up.gif

One time I sent DH to the store and I had powdered sugar on the list. He calls me (almost every time to make sure he's getting the right thing) and says "they don't have powdered sugar all they have is confectioner sugar." OMG! I explained that it was the same thing. I thought he could tell by looking at it. It does come in a clear bag!!!!! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%