My Son's Birthday Is Tomorrow! I Need Help!

Decorating By mstay Updated 30 Sep 2009 , 1:44am by mstay

mstay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mstay Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 1:37pm
post #1 of 4

Hello everyone, I have a son that is turning 6 tomorrow and he wants a batman cake. He wants a sheet cake with the toys on it. I went out and bought some toys to put on the cake now my problem is I am stuck about the decorating icon_surprised.gif . Do any of you have any ideas for me?? I am not going to do the cake until tomorrow while he is in school so I have a little bit of time. All of your ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much guys!

3 replies
online_annie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
online_annie Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 1:51pm
post #2 of 4

First off, I would not wait to bake your cake. You don't have to ice it till tomorrow, but at least get the baking out of the way so when he leaves, you can get down to the good stuff! It will certainly be less stressful and much more enjoyable. Plus, if things don't go exactly as planned, you have time to improvise. As for ideas, I would go to the search box and type batman cake into the search field and head to the gallery. I would do this while the cake is in the oven.....it will take about that long to go through the countless photos. You may even end up with too many ideas! There are a lot of incredibly creative and talented cake artist on CC!

Have fun with it!

this-mama-rocks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
this-mama-rocks Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 1:55pm
post #3 of 4

This should be a pretty quick way to do it:

Frost the cake yellow. Make a big batman-shaped logo for the middle. Using a cardboard template, cut the shape from fondant, spray it with the black Wilton color spray and let dry, then place on the cake. Place the toys around the logo, and do any writing and borders in black.

HTH

mstay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mstay Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 1:44am
post #4 of 4

thaks guys! I appreciate the advice thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%