Working On My Skull And Need Help!

Decorating By ally38562 Updated 28 Sep 2009 , 8:06pm by ally38562

ally38562 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ally38562 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 7:48pm
post #1 of 3

Making a skull for the top of a bday cake. Was gonna do a fbct but I'm having trouble. If I cut it out of fondant whats the best way to outline it in black? Black edible marker? Help please!

2 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 8:03pm
post #2 of 3

hey, on the other thread .. i answered with how i did it with fondant.. got me a skull pattern with the cross bones.. rolled my fondant... maybe 1/8 " thick.. maybe little thicker.. slid it onto a cake board... with p/s dusted under it to keep from sticking.. let it set up for a while.. then made my bandana.. heart shaped eys.. and nose... i dusted in areas with dk grey dust.. when completely dry.. or about. i used the edible marker and drew the mouth.. again. i did the one that she sent to me. from orientaltrading.com.. then there is one on birthdayexpress.com.. little different.. but seen both on this site.. i did not outline anything. just brought out the features with the dust. you can see it on the one from oriental trading.. it was pretty simple to do it like this.. and fun.. i pondered on how to do it when first asked.. then all this came to me.. again the hearts ,etc. was from fondant too. hope i have helped you..

ally38562 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ally38562 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 8:06pm
post #3 of 3

Do you have a pic? I'd love to see it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%