Edible Images

Decorating By scionmom Updated 28 Sep 2009 , 1:37am by debster

scionmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scionmom Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 10:08pm
post #1 of 6

Does anyone know where I can order the edible images? I have a cake that I am doing the end of October and I need some. I dont have a printer for it and am certainly not talented enough to paint them by hand... haha. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, all CCr's are always so helpful and friendly.

5 replies
xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 10:38pm
post #2 of 6

They do have this option available on-line but as I have never used them I can't recommend which place to get it from. Just google edible image and you will get some hits such as the following:
http://www.tastyfotoart.com/?gclid=CPDpi6brkp0CFShtswodgXcn3g

You can also check local bakeries etc to see if they will do it for you. I know that Baskin & Robbins and Walmart have done it but you'll have to check your local ones to see if they do & how much they charge. If you have a cake store around they might provide this service as well for a fee. You'll have to keep in mind about copyright laws too.

The other things you could try are:

-RIT
-FBCT
-chocolate transfer
-RI stamp
-pinprick method
-piping gel transfer

There are tutorials on all of these available here on CC or you can google them. If you need help on any of these or just help finding them let me know.

Good luck!

tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 12:44am
post #3 of 6

Or a fondant plaque - I have no artistic ability at all, and I just cut out fondant, trace the picture/logo onto it, and paint with gel colours diluted with vodka. It's actually quite easy.

dorie67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dorie67 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 1:08am
post #4 of 6

I get them from a local supermarket-Shop Rite. They will do images that are not copy righted, I just got a cycle today and once I took in a college frat car tag and they made that into an image. They charge $7 per image. HTH princess.gif

Tiffany29 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tiffany29 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 1:20am
post #5 of 6

I had one made at Walmart for $6.50.

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 1:37am
post #6 of 6

My grocery store that does images sells them to me also, just nothing copyright. Check your grocery , they also will do pictures and things for you as long as there is not a photo mark on them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%