Desperately Need Ideas.

Decorating By mrsright41401 Updated 26 Sep 2009 , 9:37pm by sweetcravings

mrsright41401 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsright41401 Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 9:27pm
post #1 of 3

I took 1 year break. This is my first cake in a year. Its a wedding cake. I have it all baked and filled and one of the layers in the 2nd tier cracked. I put buttercream on it and filled it (raspberry jam) and then put it in the fridge to set-up. After 15 minutes of setting up the raspberry jam is leaking out abit. So I crumb coated it hoping it would seal it off. Its setting up but my bc seems a bit wet (DARN ARIZONA HEAT!). I had a family emergency last night so I'm running behind as it is and have to deliver the cake in 2 hours.

Any ideas?

2 replies
Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 9:36pm
post #2 of 3

The only idea I would have is to take it back apart and scrape out the jam....put a thicker icing dam around the edges...and refill with less jam and then put it back together....and then a nice crumb coat...refrig 30 mins or so...then ice.

Good luck!

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 9:37pm
post #3 of 3

Sorry to hear about your troubles...i hate when stuff like that happens.
So if i understand you correctly you have the cake filled and iced and the filling is leaking out the buttercream? If so, i dunno what else you could do except take off the icing and disassemble the layer and redo your icing damn. I mean, you could try to add more buttercream but i would be afraid that the 'wetness' would just get worse and the icing would slip off the cake or something horrible. Sorry...i feel so bad for ya. icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%