Monster Energy Drink Cake, Help!

Decorating By blueman Updated 27 Sep 2009 , 1:30pm by Makeitmemorable

blueman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
blueman Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 1:32pm
post #1 of 2

My experience with fondant is zippo, so I'm looking for help. I plan on making a grooms cake that would look like a can of Monster Energy Drink. It will be 6" diameter cakes. I will make two layer cakes each on their own cardboard, and then stack them as high as needed to look proportional. The actual can is a skinny can. I will then cover with black choco-pan fondant. I was thinking I would just be able to cover the sides with the fondant, but will it slide down since the top is not covered? I thought if I was to cover the whole thing I would have so many wrinkles in the sides due to the tall narrow shape. Any suggestions from you experts?
thanks

1 reply
Makeitmemorable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Makeitmemorable Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 1:30pm
post #2 of 2

I have just finished making a fire extinguisher, mine is covered in fondant but I made it lying down. It still looks 3D because of the round cakes. I also used 6" rounds - there were 6 of them, I used buttercream to stick them all together and then covered them in fondant. Because they were frozen when I covered them I was able to roll the cake back and forth slightly to tuck the fondant underneath - this makes it look completely round. I am not sure how high the cakes will be but I don't think I would put fondant on the sides only - it would be too heavy and would fall off. You need to cover the whole thing and you would need to wrap it, even then it will be hard depending on the height.

Best of luck with it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%