2 Tier Cake: Heart On Square? Heart On Round?

Decorating By prterrell Updated 1 Oct 2009 , 12:28am by soygurl

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 3:41am
post #1 of 6

Has anyone done a cake with a heart tier on top of a square tier? How about a heart on top of a round tier? Just thought of this and was wondering if anyone had done it and if so, how it looked. TIA!

5 replies
Elise87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elise87 Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 7:03am
post #2 of 6

i havn't done either before but between them I think the heart on the round with be good because the round cake goes with the curves of the heart cake, if that's what you were asking icon_smile.gif

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 7:19am
post #3 of 6

I think either would look nice, however I would want the heart much smaller than either the square or the round.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 11:30am
post #4 of 6

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, too. I'm going to be making a cake soo (for 10/1icon_cool.gif for the confirmations at church and instead of doing a sheet cake, I thought of doing a large round (or square) with a 6" heart in the middle with a stand-up gumpaste cross in the middle of the heart. Then deco with flowers and scrolls/cornelli etc. I just can't decide whether to do a round or a square. Hmmm. Might have to play "pile the pans" to see which looks better. Although hearts are a bear to ice sometimes and so are squares to I might make it easier on myself and do the round bottom tier! icon_lol.gif

tonimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonimarie Posted 27 Sep 2009 , 2:11pm
post #5 of 6

I did a square with a small heart offset to the corner, and I thought it looked nice. when I was playing stack the pans, for some reason a heart on top of a round just didn't look right to me icon_confused.gif so I went with the square.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1196979

soygurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soygurl Posted 1 Oct 2009 , 12:28am
post #6 of 6

I would do a square bottom with a heart centered on tip and the point of the heart lined up with the point of the square (so the square is a diamond). Does that make sense? The first wedding cake I ever made was kinda like that. Sort of... with pillars... and split. Hard to describe. It's the green one in my pics. icon_redface.gificon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%