It's Gonna Be A Long Night

Business By leah_s Updated 26 Sep 2009 , 3:38am by LaBellaFlor

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 10:38pm
post #1 of 10

I'm soooo far behind, I'm looking up to see bottom. So what am I going to do? I'm taking a coupla hours off to go hear Anthony Bourdain speak. He's the host of No Reservations on the travel Channel, sometimes guest judge on Top Chef, author of Kitchen Confidential and all round food bad boy.

Meh, so I'm up all night.

Friday Night Cake Club will definitely be in session over on the Cake Decorating Forum.

9 replies
SJ169 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SJ169 Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 10:43pm
post #2 of 10

me to!! except i am working for the next two hours then have an hour drive home...what i would really like is a nice long nap!!

I'm sure we will talk tonight on F.N.C.C I have a huge wipeout cake to finish for tomorrow!

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 11:07pm
post #3 of 10

It will totally be worth it to hear him talk, I think!

I'll be up with ya - working on a wrestling ring and so far this cake does not want to cooperate icon_sad.gif

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 11:24pm
post #4 of 10

Me too...... I've got 2 wedding cakes for tomorrow (first time I have ever done 2 big cakes on the same day!) Have fun tonight!

SJ169 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SJ169 Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 11:25pm
post #5 of 10

cool a wrestling cake! cant wait to see it! is it like a WWE cake?

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 11:34pm
post #6 of 10

Right on! I love Anthony Bourdain. He's such an unapologetic badass. I have major baking to do tonight and ganache prep and all kinds of fun stuff....tasting event tomorrow morning! BIG one!

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 11:36pm
post #7 of 10

Well I LOVE Anthony Bourdain. We watch "No Reservations" whenever we can. Didn't know he spoke - is he doing a book tour?

Sorry to hear everyone has so much work. Wish I could help. If anyone's in South Jersey/Philly and needs an extra (but amateur) pair of hands - let me know!

Pat

IsaSW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IsaSW Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 11:57pm
post #8 of 10

Me...waiting for a late customer.
The bride says she is desperate, I am her last vendor, who would make her a cake for Nov.14.
So hopefully she will place an order tonight.

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 12:10am
post #9 of 10

Looking up to see bottom? eeek that's gotta hurt icon_smile.gif Anyway enjoy Anthony!

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 26 Sep 2009 , 3:38am
post #10 of 10

I didn't know Anthony Bourdain did speaking engaements! icon_confused.gif I loved his book "Kitchen Confidential". YOu know, I just can't see him doing speaking engagements. It seems like something he would dislike or make fun of.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%