Red Velvet Wasc?????

Baking By susanscakecreations Updated 25 Sep 2009 , 8:50pm by klat7292

susanscakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakecreations Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 2:18pm
post #1 of 6

Does anyone know if you can "alter" either the white WASC or the chocolate WASC to come up with Red Velvet? I love using both of
those recipes, and I need Red Velvet for an upcoming cake........
I saw the recipe for the Pink Velvet WASC, has anyone used it???
My client wants the dark red red velvet.............and I love using the WASC because it makes so much batter!!!!!!!

Thanks!
Susan

5 replies
CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 2:36pm
post #2 of 6

You might try the Enhanced Mix Recipe (with regular choc pudding) or the Enhanced Cake Formula for what you're wanting. I've used them to make red velvet cakes and cupcakes. This makes a pretty red red velvet. I can't imagine going any redder. What would be the point? Good luck!

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 2:55pm
post #3 of 6

I recently did the RV WASC version that Macs Mom has posted. Try a search of MacsMom recipes and you can find it. It made a delicious cake, LOTS of batter. i filled a 12 x 18 pan and the cake baked up very tall (the full 2 inches). It does taste like Red Velvet, everyone seemed to love the cake. the batter comes out rather "chocolatey", therefore even two bottles of red food color only made it a burgandy/brown color, not the bright red people are used to. Maybe if i'd used the Wilton Red Red that the recipe calls for, it would have been different.

rharris524 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rharris524 Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 8:21pm
post #4 of 6

This is the one I use and it is great!

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/7461/easy-red-velvet

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 8:32pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rharris524

That looks like a good recipe. Had I found it first, I probably would have chosen it. I will test it out next time. I was looking for a recipe that would fill a 12 x 18 pan and I would not have to make 3 batches of scratch red velvet batter, and MacsMom's made LOTS of batter. I like that your recipe doesn't have a LOT of chocolate in it, so you can achieve the bright red color. Thanks.

klat7292 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
klat7292 Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 8:50pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rharris524

I wish I had found this recipe this past week!! I had to settle for plain ole DH mix for Red Velvet...ever since I started using the WASC (Rebecca's version), I don't want to use just a plain cake mix!!! icon_wink.gif

Oh well, there's always next time, right? icon_lol.gif (That's why I saved this recipe to my favs!! So I won't forget!) thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%