What Color Is This?

Decorating By my_4_dumplins Updated 25 Sep 2009 , 11:01am by pouchet82

my_4_dumplins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
my_4_dumplins Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 9:46am
post #1 of 5

Can anyone tell me what the fondant beads are painted with, what color it is, and are the dragees painted with the same thing? I have never used dragees before so I have no idea how to use them...TIA

http://www.cakesbymay.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=49156976

4 replies
online_annie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
online_annie Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 10:15am
post #2 of 5

Looks like a Copper coloring to me. I would say it could be Pearlized Luster dust painted on both.

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 10:19am
post #3 of 5

Looks like it could be copper or old gold and then luster dust.

bbmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bbmom Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 10:38am
post #4 of 5

I agree, copper luster dust, my cake supply store sells it or you can find it online. I've never seen copper dragees, but again an online search may yeild them-otherwise I'd say they would also need to be painted with the luster dust. I usually make a paste of luster with vodka until its a paintable consistancy and paint each detail...but with beads and dragees I wonder if you could just put them in a container and sprinkle the dust on, roll them around in it(kinda like powdering a ddonut) I'm sure someone can answer. Dragees can be attached to the cake with piping gel or royal icing.

pouchet82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pouchet82 Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 11:01am
post #5 of 5

I just bought some americolor airbrush color in silver and gold that I was told you could paint with,I am pretty sure they have it in copper or bronze, that might be a good way of painting the fondant balls.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%