How Do I Make Burgandy Color?

Decorating By favrtdtr Updated 25 Sep 2009 , 2:33pm by favrtdtr

favrtdtr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
favrtdtr Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 3:16am
post #1 of 6

About 3/4 of my colors have gone missing and I need to make a fall flower burgandy shade - what colors would I use for that without it just becoming purple?

Thanks!!

5 replies
GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 3:56am
post #2 of 6

i'm wondering if americolor has that shade. let me check. i would think though to make burgundy you'd use the darkest red you can with a little black? .... will be looking for you!

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 4:31am
post #3 of 6

I think I used red red and black and came out with a beautiful burgundy. Tiny increments of black at a time. I finally learned that using the flat side of a spatula to cream the colors together works much nicer than stirring it in with a spoon. Stirring it together I was getting a weird shiny icing I didn't want to use on my cakes.

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 4:47am
post #4 of 6

Hey Judi,

There are a few mixing charts floating around on CC. Here's a link that I think has 3 or 4 charts in it. You'll find 2 on the first page and you'll have to go to page 2 or 3 for the other.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-589750-mixing.html+chart

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 4:59am
post #5 of 6

wilton has a burgandy color... it is beautiful.. if you have time to order it. i have to order it.. michaels . never has it.. hth

favrtdtr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
favrtdtr Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 2:33pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks so much everyone - I never got any emails noting replies so am just getting this. I really appreciate all the help....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%