Help!! Where To Buy Sweetex In Tx??! Or, Good Alternative?

Decorating By Callyssa Updated 25 Sep 2009 , 2:22pm by Teekakes

Callyssa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Callyssa Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 9:13pm
post #1 of 5

Aaackk! I had no idea I might not be able to get it locally, and I need it badly right now!! I don't mind driving to get it, I'm just hoping someone can help me find some ASAP.

Alternatively, if there is another brand that would give me the same great results I've gotten with Sweetex, could anyone let me know? I've been able to find CK High Ratio, and something called Supra Premium?

I know there must be SOMETHING somewhat comparable down here.....does anyone have any good suggestions for me?

Thank you once again for any and all help!

PS Earlene's does not carry Sweetex.

4 replies
curiegas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
curiegas Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 2:01am
post #2 of 5

Where in Texas are you located?

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 2:15am
post #3 of 5

Yes, where are you located? Anywhere near the Houston area?

Callyssa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Callyssa Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 3:46am
post #4 of 5

Oh, I'm sorry, yes near Houston! Actually the Woodlands, but I don't mind driving wherever to get it. I have some CK high ratio on hold that I'm supposed to pick up tomorrow, but if I could get my hands on some Sweetex I'd SO much rather use what I've already had great luck with!

I'd love to get into a cake club not too far from where we live also, are there any near Woodlands/Spring/Magnolia, etc.?

Thank you!

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 2:22pm
post #5 of 5

You have got about anything you need right at your doorstep then! In Houston, you have got Larry's, Cake Craft Shoppe, Make a Cake Houston, and Amazing Cake Supplies all within an hour of you.
Larry's in Pasadena and Cake Craft Shoppe in Sugarland are the two I shop at the most. Between the two of them I can most always find what I am looking for. Both of these shops offer some excellent classes, both beginner and advanced, in everything from the basics of cake decorating to string work and advanced sugar flower making. They also host some big name teachers as well. Sheila Morris, owner of Cake Craft Shoppe, has a very detailed website, www.cakecraftshoppe.com and Larrys has a website that is informational only but you can get driving directions, http://www.houstoncakeclub.com/larry.htm

I purchase my high ratio from Make a Cake Houston in 50lb blocks.
Make A Cake 6218 Evergreen street, 77081.

Amazing Cake Supplies
6057 Bissonnet
Houston, TX 77081
Tel (713) 665-8899

Cake Craft Shoppe
3530 HWY 6 ⢠Sugar Land, TX 77478 | Tel: 281-491-3920

Have fun getting to know all these places!! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%