Princess Cake

Decorating By oohrahwifey04 Updated 25 Sep 2009 , 4:01pm by oohrahwifey04

oohrahwifey04 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oohrahwifey04 Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 4:46pm
post #1 of 10

My daughter is having a disney princess party for her 5th birthday. We're moving 1 week after her party. For the cakes I'm wanting to make a castle cake, a carriage cake, and 6 princess doll cakes for the little girls to take home. My husband thinks this is waaaaayyyy too much to do for my daughter's party because we'll be moving shortly afterwards. So I'm trying to come up with some alternative to where I can make all these but it not be as stressful as making 8 cakes. I was thinking maybe doing a dummy cake for the top and bottom of the castle, still do the 6 doll cakes, but then doing just a chocolate carriage. That would bring it down some, right. Any ideas?

9 replies
SuzyNoQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SuzyNoQ Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 5:03pm
post #2 of 10

Why not just do a castle and cupcakes with sprinkles that are something to do with princesses

RobzC8kz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RobzC8kz Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 7:33pm
post #3 of 10

Go to my pics and look at the 3D bust I did of Obi-wan Kenobi and the two clone trooper helmets. They are the final result of the elaborately designed cake I was gonna make for my Son's 4th birthday! The bust and base cake were supposed to be the TOP of the cake with another large base case separated by pillars made to look like lightsabers...

And there were supposed to be FIVE separate clone trooper helmets AROUND the bigger center cake! HAHAHAHAHA!

I got way carried away on the design!! I had to scale it waaaay down because I just didn't have the time to do all that.

I think making the individual doll cakes shouldn't be that hard to pull off given your time constraints!

Semper Fi!

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 8:47pm
post #4 of 10

I'm guessing you're planning on doing mini doll cakes for the take-homes? Those won't take that long and are a cute favor idea! As for the castle/carriage, I'd do one or the other, cause you'll probably have a lot of left overs to eat up otherwise!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 8:54pm
post #5 of 10

Don't worry, they don't outgrow princesses when they turn 5! icon_biggrin.gif You can do the castle this year, along with the mini princesses, and save the carriage cake for another year...imagine doing the carriage cake as Cinderella's carriage, with mini cakes that each have a little gumpaste shoe on top as the take-home cakes. That would be fun for another year. I'm not sure using dummy cakes would really save you much time because they still have to be decorated.

mysweetconfetions Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mysweetconfetions Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 9:19pm
post #6 of 10

You could do the carriage out of RKT...That's what I did for my 22 YO princess for her b-day last month...worked great..

oohrahwifey04 Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 3:14pm
post #7 of 10

Thanks everyone!! Those are great ideas! And yes, they never grow out of princesses, especially cinderella, right.

BTW, what is RKT?

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 3:39pm
post #8 of 10

Rice Krispie Treats

oohrahwifey04 Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 3:43pm
post #9 of 10

ohh haha. how would you do that? i cant really picture it. sounds like a good idea though

oohrahwifey04 Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 4:01pm
post #10 of 10

I did a search and WOW!! I had no idea you could use krispie treats for these cakes. Some people used them to do the balls on things, castle towers, fish, WOW!!! Maybe I'll try that out and see how it works today. Thank you for the idea.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%