Diana Gabaldon An Echo In The Bone

Lounge By jdconcc Updated 2 Oct 2009 , 4:31pm by deijha

jdconcc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdconcc Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 4:43pm
post #1 of 12

Hiya

Is anyone as excited as me about the new Diana Gabaldon book? Have any of you in the US already started it??? I've got it on order from Orion in the States and just waiting for it to come I can't wait. I'm so excited to see what happens now Brianna and Roger are back in the present icon_smile.gif Hope I'm not the only one? It's my literary obsession probably equal to Twilight saga, I'm a sucker for a good love story!

Claire

11 replies
mightydragon663 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mightydragon663 Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 5:38pm
post #2 of 12

Definately not the only one. I love that series!

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 6:06pm
post #3 of 12

I love it too! I haven't ordered the book yet...probably I'll get it from the library, that fits my budget better icon_biggrin.gif.

If you need another series to read too, Sara Donati's books are good too, in the same sort of way...no time travel, but tons of detail.

jdconcc Posted 24 Sep 2009 , 8:07pm
post #4 of 12

Thanks Mightydragon, thought it might just be me icon_smile.gif Thanks Texas Rose, I'll have to look her up. I usually use the library too but Orion had such a good deal on this I couldn't bear waiting till next year. If you pre-ordered it on Amazon in the UK and sent the receipt to Orion they will then send the US trade copy completely free to you, how cool is that??? I will give the Amazon one as a present when it finally comes.

I think Jamie in the same way as Edward (in Twilight) has ruined me for all men, my poor, poor dh icon_smile.gif

mrspriss0912 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrspriss0912 Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 1:58am
post #5 of 12

Oh My godness I love love love this series i hope to pick the book up sometime next week I cant wait icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif I am absolutly useless when I am reading one of her books. I havent read it yet but there was a small passage from it in the outlandish companion what I read was awsome as always!!!!!!

Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 5:06am
post #6 of 12

I love that series. I have read and re-read those books so many times!

Jamie is MY husband, so all y'all need to just BACK OFF!!!!

mrspriss0912 Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 12:06pm
post #7 of 12

Hey Mensch check out my new signature icon_lol.gif

Love this series sooooooooooooooooooo much

jdconcc Posted 25 Sep 2009 , 2:25pm
post #8 of 12

It still hasn't arrived, I sooo need that book NOW icon_lol.gif

jdconcc Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 2:22pm
post #9 of 12

It's arrived!!!! I've read about 100 pages and it's fabulous, definitely recommend it! icon_smile.gif

mrspriss0912 Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 4:56pm
post #10 of 12

I am envious of you Just darling I have to wait 2 more days but then.... I may have to take a few vacations days and just sit down and read it icon_lol.gif
enjoy

jdconcc Posted 28 Sep 2009 , 6:38pm
post #11 of 12

I'm not going to get anything done now, until it's finished, then I'll want to start it again! icon_smile.gif

deijha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deijha Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 4:31pm
post #12 of 12

Oh MY,, It seems I have been waiting on this book forever. I have 2 sisters and we all love it. I have all the books on cd, cause reading challenges my eyes to much. I have to wait unit October for the cd to come out. My husband is soooo jealous of Jamie.
Jeanne

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%