Help How Do You Do Pin Prick Method

Decorating By AiringtonsCakes Updated 23 Sep 2009 , 10:18pm by Lcubed82

AiringtonsCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AiringtonsCakes Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 9:26pm
post #1 of 4

I am doing a cake that is due tomorrow I went to Walmart to print the logo but it enlarged it too big for my 8 inch round! So how can I do a pin prick method because at this point I have no time for colorflow to dry!

3 replies
Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 9:43pm
post #2 of 4

Here's a bump for ya cause I'd like to know too!

cakesbybert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbybert Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 9:49pm
post #3 of 4

If using buttercream -
simply copy your logo on a piece of typing paper, place paper on top of a piece of syrofoam and take a straight pin and prick the outline of the logo. When you lift up your paper you will see the raised places on the paper where each pin prick went. Simply lay this on your iced cake - make sure icing is crusted! Gently rub over the outlined areas to make the pin pricks leave a pattern on the icing. Hint - sometime I will take a small brush with petal dust in the same color of the icing I am going to use and gently brush of the pin pricks - this will leave a colored dotted line to follow - easier to see!

If using fondant
place your paper with copy of the logo directly on your cake - take a sharp straight pin and prick the outline of the logo. This seems to work better than pricking the paper first - especially if the fondant has had a chance to firm up. Or can use the petal dust method above.

Hope this helps!!

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 23 Sep 2009 , 10:18pm
post #4 of 4

If using fondant
place your paper with copy of the logo directly on your cake - take a sharp straight pin and prick the outline of the logo.

I have done this right onto BC with a toothpick. Trim out your logo, and prick right beside the paper.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%