Nfsc With Pudding In Them?

Baking By CakeMommyTX Updated 3 Oct 2009 , 3:57am by CakeMommyTX

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 4:36pm
post #1 of 11

After reading a choco chip cookie recipe on allrecipes.com that included a pkg of vanilla pudding I started adding a pkg to my cookies and it's awesome, they stay super soft and chewy for days.

So I was wondering if I could add a box to the NFSC recipe and get the same results?

I love the recipe but I think it could be softer, anyone ever done this?

10 replies
cindy58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy58 Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 7:08pm
post #2 of 11

I came across this recipe with pudding, I've been meaning to try it one of these days.

http://www.christmas-cookies.com/recipes/recipe62.butterscotch-gingerbread-people.html

My aunt said she loves this one, it's nearly the same. She varies the recipe with different flavors of pudding.

http://www.recipezaar.com/Puddin-Head-Gingerbread-Men-42667

CakeMommyTX Posted 29 Sep 2009 , 2:22pm
post #3 of 11

UPDATE:
I did it, I put a pkg of vanilla pudding right in the dough, it made it really stiff and I was worried it might dry them out but no it was prefect.
It did just what I hoped and kept them soft, almost chewy like a chocochip cookie.
Even after they were 2 days old and iced in royal they were still soft .
I think I'll stick with this revised recipe, love it!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 12:11pm
post #4 of 11

so did you leave everything else the same in the recipe??/ Generally when I make the no fails I use 1/2 butter and 1/2 shortening to keep them from spreading, and I don't add any baking soda/baking powder (can't remembe which it calls for)..........i'm gonna have to try this, I agree with you that they get too stiff (that's why I always tend to undercook them just a tad, I take them out when they just barely appear to be browning around the edge and by the time they cool they're perfectly cooked and still chewy in texture)

CakeMommyTX Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 12:36pm
post #5 of 11

I left everything the same, and used all butter.
It does get really stiff and I had to mix it by hand at the end
It was so hard after sitting in the fridge that I had to break it up into little pieces and knead it back together to soften it enough to roll it out , but after that it was wonderful.
They kept their shape, which I was worried about.
I figured the pudding would either make them spread or help hold the shape,luckily it was the latter.
Now I want to experiment with a different flavors.
I make Chocolate NFSC with cocoa powder, I'm thinkig about adding a box of choco pudding and see how those turn out.

SandiOh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandiOh Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 4:13pm
post #6 of 11

did you add instant pudding or cook and serve?

KHalstead Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 4:24pm
post #7 of 11

yum.........and they have lemon pudding and cheesecake pudding, oh and white chocolate.......soooooooooooooooooooooooooo yummy!

CakeMommyTX Posted 30 Sep 2009 , 4:34pm
post #8 of 11

4oz pkg of instant
ohhh I make lemon with lemon extract and zest, looks like I'll have to try lemon pudding also.
who's gonna eat all these cookies?

cinderspritzer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cinderspritzer Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 12:41pm
post #9 of 11

That cute little girl in your avatar picture, of course icon_wink.gif

KHalstead Posted 2 Oct 2009 , 1:03pm
post #10 of 11

you could always freeze for after Thanksgiving dinner, or for those late night snacks......nothing like a chewy frozen cookie!

CakeMommyTX Posted 3 Oct 2009 , 3:57am
post #11 of 11

She will eat anything she can get her hands on!!!!
That's a good idea and actually made me think of Thanksgiving for the troops.
Sugar cookies travel well so I think I'll package up all my experiments and send them over.
My brother will be in Germany come this Thanksgiving and I'm sure he and all his friends would love some homemade cookies, in the shape of Turkeys of course.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%