Mickey & Minnie Baby Shower Cake

Decorating By infields Updated 24 Aug 2005 , 9:45pm by briansbaker

infields Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
infields Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 4:36am
post #1 of 2

Hi All,
I'm pretty new at this and I have a request for a Mickey and Minnie baby shower cake. Not the Disney babies. It needs to serve approx. 50 people. Any ideas? I don't know if I should try my luck with a tiered cake (I've never done a full size, only a mini) or use my 12x18 pan. What sizes do you think I would need? I don't know if I should use a BCT or an edible image (I have never done those either). Or I was thinking of trying to find some 3D figures to put on top of the cake. I would probably have to purchase the figures on ebay since I can't find them anywhere else. I do have some 3" Minnie and Mickey cookie cutters that I thought I could use somehow (maybe to imprint image on the sides of the cake).
If anybody has any ideas, images or suggestions, I'd be very grateful! I want this to be a cute cake and not look like it came from a grocery store. TIA

1 reply
briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 9:45pm
post #2 of 2

Well maybe you could use color flow on your cookies.. You could do a full sheet and add maybe an 8" round cake on top of that.. Make mickey and minnie out of cookies and add them to the top of the round cake.. make the cake all white, border it with red shells and in with the black icing do the writing.. you could put Welcome on the side going up and down and Baby on the other side and add some free hand micky ears all around the sides with some rattles and such around the cake... Hope this helped!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%