Booth Set Up Help

Business By DisneyDreamer Updated 22 Sep 2009 , 9:07pm by Sweetriley

DisneyDreamer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DisneyDreamer Posted 20 Sep 2009 , 8:26pm
post #1 of 3

Hi i just got all my paper work done so i can sell at a up coming church fair. this will be my first time ever do anything like this i want to get my feet wet with this. but i need help with ideas for my booth my Business name is good luck cakes/ pastries. i wanted to do cupcakes, cookies and??? i was thinking of doing little bags of 5 mini cookies (found kute fall themed bags at the dollar store). but i don't want to leave the cup cakes out but want them seen. how do i display them?? i also am a little worried about little kids just grabbing off my table. i was wonder what i should charge i need tons of help thanks.

2 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 2:24am
post #2 of 3

Cupcakes will work in a clear plastic cup with a lid. Not too hard to find. It's kind of a squatty cup.

Sweetriley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweetriley Posted 22 Sep 2009 , 9:07pm
post #3 of 3

I just did my first arts and crafts fair as a vendor. It was a fantastic experience but boy do I have a lot to learn! Here are some of the things I learned after the first one. People buy what their kids like. Having said that the most popular item was my giant sugar cookie with glaze and sprinkles. They also loved the decorated animal cookies. I sold out of 2 types of brownies the first few hours. I also did a sampler with 5 glazed sugar cookies for $1 and the kids liked that. Cupcakes went over well too. I did these really cute hamburger and french fry baskets. People loved them (thought they were real) but they just didn't sell. i think people didn't want to spend $6 even though they were worth more. I did some of my Moms old reciped (raspberry thumbprints) and I had some folks really nostalgic. I wanted to do whole cakes but decided against it and was glad I did. People don't want to carry that stuff. It was SO exciting! Be sure to give out samples and if you have a book of your work bring it. The best part was all the jobs I got from it. GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%