? About Toba's Glace - Please Answer Needed For Tonight

Baking By auntbeesbaking Updated 18 Sep 2009 , 2:28am by GeminiRJ

auntbeesbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntbeesbaking Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 1:11am
post #1 of 4

I just made a batch of Toba's Glace. I have not made it before and misread the directions. We were instructed to mix the milk and powdered sugar first and then the corn syrup until just blended. I did it all at one time. Do you know if this will present a problem? Should I make a new batch?

Also, do I pipe the outline around the cookie first, wait a bit and then fill it in?

I would be most grateful for any advise.

Thank you!

3 replies
verono Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
verono Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 1:14am
post #2 of 4

I don't think this is a problem..
Yes I outline first than flood... Like I outline 4-5 or 6 cookies (depends on size) and then I come back to the first one for flooding...

ButtacreamRose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ButtacreamRose Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 1:52am
post #3 of 4

It won't be a problem. Just mix it up. I outline all my cookies, by the time I outline the last one the first one is almost ready to be flooded.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 2:28am
post #4 of 4

I used to mix the icing according to the directions, but stopped doing it a long time ago. I mix the milk/water and corn syrup into the powdered sugar at the same time, then add the brite white after it's all mixed.

As for your question about outlining and flooding, this is what I do: If the area is a good size, I pipe a line of icing around the perimeter using a #4 tip. For a small area, I'll use a #2. I immediately fill in the area with more icing, going in a zig-zag pattern or in circles, so that maybe half the area has icing and the rest is "naked". I use a tapered off-set spatula to smooth out the icing over the entire area. This will ensure that any hidden air bubbles are broken, and gives a nice, even coat of icing.

Hope that helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%