Seuss 1St Birthday Cake For Twins - Help Please! :)

Decorating By emlashlee Updated 18 Sep 2009 , 6:17am by letsgetcaking

emlashlee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emlashlee Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 7:35pm
post #1 of 8

A mother contacted me today about a first birthday cake for twins. Her friend was at a baby shower where they served my Seuss cake. She wants a Cat in the Hat cake, but it doesn't have to be like the the one I did: http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_1459464.html

Do you have any ideas to improve this cake / How can I make it cute and special for the twins? And...do you have any ideas for good smash cakes?

Thank you SO much! icon_smile.gif

EDIT: Forgot to add...I don't have an edible image printer and I've noticed that a lot of the great Seuss cakes make use of one. Phooey! My figure modeling leaves something to be desired, but I'm sure willing to try. icon_smile.gif

7 replies
Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momvarden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momvarden Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 7:50pm
post #3 of 8

how about thing 1 and thing 2 they are twins.

auntginn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntginn Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 7:53pm
post #4 of 8

I agree with Price, my suggestion to "improve" the cake would be to just add some of the charactors to the story. Otherwise you have a great cake.

LeckieAnne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeckieAnne Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 8:02pm
post #5 of 8

Thing 1 and Thing 2 - yes, that's what I was thinking too. I agree that cake is super adorable! Love the idea of the separate smash cakes, too.

Here's another: http://www.cakesbyjen.com/celebration_cakes6.html

Mom23Angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mom23Angels Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 8:03pm
post #6 of 8

Ditto to those who agree with adding characters. I dressed my twin girls as Thing 1 and Thing 2 for Halloween when they were about 18 months old (crazy blue wigs and everything). So, I am partial to Thing 1 and Thing 2, and think they are so perfect for twins!

What a fun cake to make - enjoy icon_biggrin.gif

emlashlee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emlashlee Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 2:24am
post #7 of 8

Thanks so much, guys! I appreciate your help. I'm going to pitch the Thing 1 and 2 idea to her - I'm sure she'll love it!

letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 18 Sep 2009 , 6:17am
post #8 of 8

I love the Thing 1 and Thing 2 idea! I think you're going to end up with an adorable cake.

For the smash cakes, I think it would be cute to make each twin their own fried egg with a green yolk. I know it's not the same story, but it's still recognizably Dr. Seuss. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%