Ugggghhhh! My Mmf Has Acne!

Decorating By patticakesnc Updated 19 Sep 2009 , 10:41pm by cabecakes

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 1:03am
post #1 of 5

I don't know what is going on with my mmf. I make it all the time..never have I had this problem. It is like little hard acne spots all in it. It is obviously the sugar but I don't know why!!!! icon_cry.gif

4 replies
rvercher23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rvercher23 Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 1:41am
post #2 of 5

I have that happen every once in a while. When it does happen, I just let it sit longer wrapped in plastic wrap with shortening on it, and then after a few hours, I knead it really well. It usually gets the lumps of sugar out. HTH!!!

Deb_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deb_ Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 2:41am
post #3 of 5

You can also try putting it in the microwave for 10 second intervals (after you let it sit overnight if it's still lumpy)....then kneed. It should smooth right out for ya.

Just be careful when you begin kneeding it there could be *hot* spots from the microwave.

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 17 Sep 2009 , 3:22am
post #4 of 5

Thanks you guys. I have it wrapped and coated in crisco (well vice versa lol). I will try to smooth it out some more in the morning.

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 10:41pm
post #5 of 5

Did you sift your powdered sugar. I usually shake mine through a metal mesh collinder. (I think I spelled that right). Sometimes depending on your area, your sugar can clump up from the humidity. Sifting it will usually take care of this problem.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%