Some Cookie Questions

Baking By Writecakes Updated 16 Sep 2009 , 9:46pm by pattycakesnj

Writecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Writecakes Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 6:12pm
post #1 of 3

Sorry if these have been posted before, I've been fighting with the search feature for awhile and finally gave up.

How do you get clean, crisp edges on cutout cookies? Is it possible to re-cut when still warm from the oven or will that ruin the cookie?

How do you clean your metal or copper cutters and keep them from getting rust marks on them?

Where do you store your collection of cutters and where is your favorite place to buy them?

Thanks so much for your replies icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

2 replies
drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 9:28pm
post #2 of 3

cut cookies from fridged rolled dough. will help keep egdes clean and straight. i also stick cut cookies back in fridge to recool dough before popping in oven but this is just an extra.

use a cookie recipe without baking soda to help keep cookie shape. i love cookie craft's recipe.

some people do recut hot cookies. i have done this but don't really like the way it makes the egdes look (unfinished). plus you have to do when hot so you have to work fast.

after you clean your metal cutters, you can put them on a tray and place them in a barely warm oven to fully dry before you put them away.

i store my cutters in plastic tubs with lids, sorted by theme. i keep them everywhere i can find space, lol. i am awash in cutters icon_smile.gif.

diane

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 9:46pm
post #3 of 3

I almost always recut my cookies hot out of the oven, I like the clean cut look.
I use a clean dry dishcloth to wipe the cutters down, no water
I store my cutters in clear plastic shoe boxes with lids that I got at Target for $1.99, sorted always by theme and holiday with a label on the outside listing the theme, holiday etc

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%