Can Somone Tell Me How To Do This?

Decorating By my_4_dumplins Updated 16 Sep 2009 , 8:20am by my_4_dumplins

my_4_dumplins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
my_4_dumplins Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 6:32am
post #1 of 5

I have a bride who wants a grooms cake for Nov. that has the winding road going around the side. It appears to be carved, but I have no idea where to start icon_cry.gif Can anyone tell me how to do this? TIA icon_smile.gif

4 replies
cakenutz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakenutz Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 7:04am
post #2 of 5

I hope I can explain myself so you will understand
Depending on size you want lets say a 10" cake 6" tall I would lay a 8" circle in the middle on top and score it Use a small sharp knife put in in the side of cake about an inch down with cake on a turntable slowly turn angling your knife down as you encircle cake making sure you keep cutting down from top as you cut some from side Hope that makes some since scoring the line that goes around and down will keep you right on target GOOD LUCK thumbs_up.gif

my_4_dumplins Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 7:16am
post #3 of 5

Makes perfect sense! I wish I knew how to attach a pic of the cake so you could see what it is supposed to look like, but I can't figure that outicon_sad.gif

majka_ze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majka_ze Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 8:11am
post #4 of 5

Here you have a schema (scroll to the middle).

When typing a reply (not quick reply, but after pressing the button "post a reply") under your text box and message options there is a "Attachment Posting Control Panel". Click "Add an Attachment", choose the picture from your drive and click "Add attachment". Repeat if needed icon_smile.gif

my_4_dumplins Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 8:20am
post #5 of 5

I couldn't believe my eyes when I typed in "spiral" in the photo search box and found the cake right here on CC! [/url]

[url]http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1203420&done=2

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%