How I Saved Some Money On Scal/cricut

Decorating By lngo Updated 16 Sep 2009 , 12:00am by cakebaker111

lngo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lngo Posted 15 Sep 2009 , 6:54pm
post #1 of 2

I know a lot of folks are interested in getting their hands on a Cricut, so I hope this will help some of you out there. I wouldn't have even considered it if it wasn't for the wonderful input from so many CC'ers. So thanks to you guys!!!! icon_lol.gif

It would probably be better to wait until Black Friday, but if you can't wait, here are some ways you can save some money on Cricut and SCAL.

*****Some of these tips may not work for some of you depending on your state's tax rules, etc. This is just what I did. To find info on stacking Bing and Mrrebates, it's probably a good idea to google it since there's so much info on that. Keep in mind that for Bing to work on eBay you have to use Paypal and "buy it now" items.

I bought my Cricut via HSN for $276.64 (orig price $350) which comes with 4 cartridges, the spatula, ink, etc. I searched for "Cricut Expression" via Bing's website for 7% cashback (-$20.82) and also used the HSN 15% coupon (-$52.49). It's currently available for free shipping, and I didn't have to pay any tax.

I bought SCAL on eBay starting with Bing's website (8% off) and stacked it with Mrrebates (additional 3% off). The SCAL I bought on eBay also included a USB cord, deep cut blades, and SCAL on CD - all this ended up being $66.71.

The drawback is that Bing and Mrrebates take time to send you that money, but if you're patient, then it won't be an issue for you. I waited to post this info because I wanted to make sure it actually worked, and it did!

You can also apply Bing to purchasing some accessories like extra mats and blades. I bought extra mats at Scrapbookingalley (by way of Bing) which also provides free shipping and no tax (in my state).

1 reply
cakebaker111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker111 Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 12:00am
post #2 of 2

Thanks very much.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%