You Know Those Perfect Little Edible Diamonds You Can Buy?

Sugar Work By cheeseball Updated 16 Sep 2009 , 12:18am by cakenutz

cheeseball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheeseball Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 12:52am
post #1 of 9

Has anyone seen molds for them or is that a DIY with two part silicone sorta thing? I'm not talking about the monster molds that look like fake gems - I mean a mold that's a quarter inch at the most. I've spent way too much time online this weekend searching icon_lol.gif

8 replies
SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 1:49am
post #2 of 9
backermeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
backermeister Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 2:08am
post #3 of 9

I know that squire's kitchen advertises them you can check their website as well. icon_smile.gif

cheeseball Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 4:04pm
post #4 of 9

Thanks guys; Anna, that was one of the first sites I went to, but the mold they were talking about from Global is still much larger than the 'diamonds' from the UK. I was just thinking about the Miley Cyrus cake challenge where Marina Sousa did poured sugar chandelier beads on a string...when she pulled them out of the mold I wondered then and I still wonder if she made that mold or bought it?

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 4:16pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeseball

Thanks guys; Anna, that was one of the first sites I went to, but the mold they were talking about from Global is still much larger than the 'diamonds' from the UK. I was just thinking about the Miley Cyrus cake challenge where Marina Sousa did poured sugar chandelier beads on a string...when she pulled them out of the mold I wondered then and I still wonder if she made that mold or bought it?

I'm pretty sure she said she made the mold for that.

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 4:27pm
post #6 of 9

Found some premade on the Fancy Flours website...not bad pricing either! They had kits there as well to make your own.

cheeseball Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 5:54pm
post #7 of 9

Phllbbbttt!!!! icon_lol.gif I sorta had a feeling she made it! The Fancy Flours site does have some relatively smaller molds; must've missed it the first time I was there (too many websites in one day I guess), so thanks!

cheeseball Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 12:03am
post #8 of 9

Okay, so I found a thread here, talking about that specific cake where Marina Sousa explains how they did it...I e-mailed Culinart about which product to buy (either the one you knead or the one you pour) and it took them a while to answer, so I e-mailed Marina this morn and she e-mailed back in like, a couple of hours icon_eek.gif that they used the one you knead. I actually bought Plastique a while ago and it was inadvertently packed away and the stuff only keeps for a year...gonna use it right away this time icon_lol.gif

cakenutz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakenutz Posted 16 Sep 2009 , 12:18am
post #9 of 9

I was at the Ok sugar show last year when Marina and dawn made their beads they were made by pouring melted isomalt into the mold

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%