Lemon Filling

Decorating By SandiOh Updated 14 Sep 2009 , 2:17am by Loucinda

SandiOh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandiOh Posted 13 Sep 2009 , 11:52pm
post #1 of 7

I have someone who wants a "lemon filling", I don't really like lemon curd (except Dickinson's) so don't really have any idea what a good lemon filling would taste like....plus I kinda wanna buy it to save time....Is there a good lemon filling I could purchase or does anyone have any easy recipe? Could I use the Dickenson's? It's just a 6 inch 3 layer cake, so I don't need too much. TIA!

6 replies
luvmysmoother Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvmysmoother Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 1:06am
post #2 of 7

e.d. smith lemon pie filling is really delicious - comes in a can and is thicker than lemon curd so is probably sturdier to fill a cake with?

mindy1204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mindy1204 Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 1:19am
post #3 of 7

I am doing a lemon filled vanilla for a funeral on Sat so I will watch this, because other than buttercream with lemon extract or lemon juice I am clueless

grams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grams Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 1:36am
post #4 of 7

For lemon filling I make the Jello pudding and pie filling that you cook. Easy to make and tastes great. If You like it more lemony just add lemon juice (tablespoonful). Or buy a sleeve of lemon filling at a cake decorating supply store.

KrissieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrissieCakes Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 1:42am
post #5 of 7

I just made lemon meringue filling last weekend for the first time. It was awesome!!! I made fresh lemon curd (from the Whimsical Bakehouse cookbook). I brushed a little bit of curd on the bottom cake layer and then filled the cake with SMBC which I had added some of the leftover curd to. Then you can adjust how strong you want the flavor to be by adding more curd. It was awesome!!

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 1:44am
post #6 of 7

I prefer making lemon curd. Otherwise, I use the lemon filling pastry sleeve, but to me it is mildly lemony.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 14 Sep 2009 , 2:17am
post #7 of 7

I just use the lemon pie filling that is in a can at the grocery store. Lemony, stable (no refrigeration required) and it is always a hit - easy peasy. icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%