Urgently Need Help With A Butterfly Cake!!!

Decorating By NickysSweetCreations Updated 19 Sep 2009 , 10:44pm by NickysSweetCreations

NickysSweetCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NickysSweetCreations Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 1:44am
post #1 of 7

Ok I really need help! Im doing a cake for a little girls 1st birthday.

My original plan was for a two tier cake and a small cake shaped like a butterfly well the pan I had ordered for the butterfly is WAY to big and now I dont know what to do I still want to keep this plan.

Im new to making cakes and I havent taken any classes so I need a quick and easy way to make the cake.
PLEASE HELP!!

6 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 1:48am
post #2 of 7

What about making a butterfly from two regular cupcakes, two mini cupcakes, and a piece of what you leveled off of the bigger cake, to be the center part? The regular cupcakes would be the upper wings, the minis would be the smaller bottom wings.

Brendabeeper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brendabeeper Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 2:24am
post #3 of 7

I took a piece of paper and cut out the shape of the wings I wanted, I layed it on top of a 1/2 sheet cake and cut out my butterfly I wanted . You could do this for any size butterfly. I took a cut out piece for the middle. ( I was a bit scared at first, my butterfly cake was Big, and I had not cut out a cake before .) **frosting can cover most mistakes ***

did well expecially since one part of the wing fell and I had to put pieces together to build it back up . see photo
LL

Skirt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skirt Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 2:46am
post #4 of 7

You can do a butterfly like this! It can be as big or as small as you want it since the 4 pieces are just a round cake cut up. 6", 8", 12" round, it doesn't matter!
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1170094

Of course, you can dress yours up much better than this I'm sure icon_smile.gif

I looked for the template in my favs but it seems to have been removed icon_confused.gif You just cut the round in half, place the cut edges on the outside (left becomes right and right becomes left). Make another cut on each half and then separate for the top and bottom wings-
HTH icon_smile.gif

Skirt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skirt Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 2:47am
post #5 of 7

Thought the pic would appear. Attempt #2:
LL

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 12 Sep 2009 , 2:55am
post #6 of 7

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

I made a cupcake cake butterfly..if you look in my gallery you'll see it there. Perhaps you could make something similiar on a smaller scale.

NickysSweetCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NickysSweetCreations Posted 19 Sep 2009 , 10:44pm
post #7 of 7

THank you all for the great Ideas! I actually found a cookie cutter that Ill use to cut the cut the right size!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%