Vegan Cake

Decorating By chefbetty Updated 11 Sep 2009 , 2:02pm by chefbetty

chefbetty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefbetty Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 7:18pm
post #1 of 4

Have any of you ever done a vegan cake and if so do you have any recipes that you can share? TIA

Chef Betty

3 replies
suz3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suz3 Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 7:31pm
post #2 of 4

I have a cookbook at home. I'll send you a recipe tomorrow when I'm off if you want. What flavor are you looking for? I think it might be for cupcakes but I'm sure it would work for cake.

lillermom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lillermom Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 7:56pm
post #3 of 4

my cake partner does all of her cakes Vegan and has a very good chocolate recipe that I can PM you later if you want. Chocolate works better IMO than vanilla because you the cocoa powder and vinegar creates a lighter cake. The vanilla vegan recipes we have tried are more dense and don't have a light crumb.

Let me know if you want the recipes!

ETA:
I believe this is the recipe she uses!

Cake Ingredients

1 1/4 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup warm water
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp distilled white or apple cider vinegar

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In an 8X8 square pan/dish, mix together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt with a fork, making sure it is really blended together. Add the water, vanilla, oil, and vinegar, and again, mix together so that itââ¬â¢s really blended together. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides if necessary.
Place in oven and bake for about 30 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean. Cool on a rack completely (2 hours).

chefbetty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefbetty Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 2:02pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks to both of you, please I would love it if you sent me the recipes. I willing to try them. The bride has yet to let me know what flavor she wants.

Chef Betty thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%