Popcorn Cake For Cub Scouts

Decorating By paula1234 Updated 10 Sep 2009 , 3:14pm by jeepfreak33

paula1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paula1234 Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 8:11pm
post #1 of 5

some how I got volunteered tp do a popcorn cake for the cub scouts popcorn kick off, Monday 9/14. My problem is that I was wanting to use Marshmallows to fill the "bag". anyone have any suggestions on how to make these? Thanks

4 replies
adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 9:17pm
post #2 of 5

I'm not sure if I understand the question, but here is the popcorn cake that I make. I omit the peanuts due to allergies.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/miss-hildas-popcorn-cake-recipe/index.html

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 10:34pm
post #3 of 5

I have never made a popcorn cake, but have done cupcakes. I used mini marshmallows, snipped an X in the top, took a small paintbrush and dabbed a little yellow coloring (used Wilton lemon yellow, I think) in the X. It takes about 10 mini marshmallows per cupcake to make it look like a full bag. The "popcorn" is very time consuming to make. If you have a Cub Scout, maybe he can help..

Here is a link to my cupcakes, HTH

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1353744

paula1234 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paula1234 Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 4:05am
post #4 of 5

thanks linedancer, that was what I was looking for. While I was looking over this forum, someone was wondering about Duff's roses, and at the satin ice website, there was a tutorial on how to do the "popcorn" out of marshmallows. Thanks for all the help.

jeepfreak33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jeepfreak33 Posted 10 Sep 2009 , 3:14pm
post #5 of 5

I made cupcakes that looked like popcorn on top and placed them into a popcorn bowl.

Used mini marshmallows...white ones and yellow ones.

Take one marshmallow and cut into three pieces and place in a clover type pattern on cookie sheet... then glue a whole marshmallow on in the center.... I used all white and then drizzled yellow icing that I microwaved to make thinner, over the bunch to look like butter... but you can just use white and yellow mini marshmallows to achieve the look. I got the idea out of a book called "hello cupcake".

I would post a picture but not too sure how to do that yet...but the picture is on here under my gallerie.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%