Cheaper Molds

Decorating By Mrs_Burns Updated 9 Sep 2009 , 2:17pm by Win

Mrs_Burns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs_Burns Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 4:21am
post #1 of 4

hello fellow cakers!!! i am looking for some good quality molds, i have looked on the global sugar art website, i know they have good quality molds but they are kind of expensive, so i was wondering if anybody new of another place to purchase molds for cheaper. Thank You!!! icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 5:13am
post #2 of 4

eBay? That's where I buy a lot of my cake stuff...

Mug-a-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mug-a-Bug Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 2:09pm
post #3 of 4

I think they are just expensive. Global Sugar Art is pretty reasonable as far as my search results have proved. Let us know if you find anything cheaper. I don't like Ebay because you never really know what you're getting. GL thumbs_up.gif

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 2:17pm
post #4 of 4

Molds are expensive. Period. First Impressions has their own website, you can compare there. I had a link to another site, I'll see if I can find it. Their molds are beautiful, but expensive as well.

For small projects, you can make your own quality molds with this product:
http://www.amazingmoldputty.com/ProdDetail.cfm?Category=Silicone%20Rubber&Name=Amazing%20Mold%20Putty

All my smallish molds I make myself with this product. You can buy it for 19.99 at Hobby Lobby (and sometimes Michaels.) I utilize my coupons and get it for 40% to 50% off when I need to restock. It is simple to use and works beautifully.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%