How Do I Keep My Cake Fresh & Moist??

Decorating By forheavenscake Updated 9 Sep 2009 , 3:17pm by cakesdivine

forheavenscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
forheavenscake Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 2:10am
post #1 of 6

I have to bake a cake tomorrow night (wednesday) that will not be eaten until Friday evening. We are going out of town Friday, so I have to bake the cake tomorrow, and decorate it Thursday night so it will be ready to go friday after work.

What should I do with the cake tomorrow after baking it to make sure it still tastes good and is fresh for Friday?? Never done this before. .I really appreciate all the help I can get!

Thanks a ton!

5 replies
majka_ze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majka_ze Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 8:19am
post #2 of 6

The only important thing is to cover the baked cake. You need either seal it in plastic - wrap it in plastic wrap or get it in plastic bag and close it well (with rubber band). Or you could bake your cake, fill it with the filling and crumbcoat it. This will work even better, because the cake will have enough time to set. You need a even layer buttercream to seal the cake and than it works like the plastic wrap.

sugarandslice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarandslice Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 8:48am
post #3 of 6

If you're really worried, you can always brush each layer of cake with a simple syrup before filling and covering. I always do this and my cakes are always super moist.
HTH
Emma

forheavenscake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
forheavenscake Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 11:37am
post #4 of 6

Thanks! Should I put it in the freezer or refrigerator. . or should I just leave it out at room temperature??

majka_ze Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majka_ze Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 1:12pm
post #5 of 6

Will you fill the cake and crumbcoat? If the filling needs to be refrigerated (cream cheese or milk based), the cake needs to be refrigerated.

Else, for the time you plan to do it, it doesn't really make a difference. Wrap it well and the cake can stand on counter or be in refrigerator. I wouldn't freeze it, but only because you need to defrost the cake almost immediately.

Good luck to you!

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 3:17pm
post #6 of 6

freezing is your friend!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%