Help Need Advice Quickly!

Decorating By sugarlicious Updated 9 Sep 2009 , 12:34am by sugarlicious

sugarlicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarlicious Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 10:18pm
post #1 of 10

Hi everyone, I just put a Irish Cream 10 inch cake in the oven about a half an hour ago and just realized that I forgot to add the 1/4 cup of oil that was in the recipe, is it going to make a big differenc to the cake, it is rising fine but I am worried that it is going to be dry, should I spray some sugar syrup on the cake after it is done? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

9 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 10:45pm
post #2 of 10

Does it have sour cream in the recipe? That will usually work in place of the oil.

sugarlicious Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 10:57pm
post #3 of 10

No, no sour cream, but 2 cups vanilla yogurt, 1 and half cups Irish cream Baileys and 1 cup Irish cream creamer and 8 egg whites, think it will still be moist?

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 11:00pm
post #4 of 10

At only a quarter cup of oil, I think it will be fine. Check it at the minimum baking time... it will probably be done. Just don't let it over bake. Sounds YUMMY!

sugarlicious Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 11:02pm
post #5 of 10

Thank you, I was worried there for awhile icon_biggrin.gif First time making this recipe, it sure smells good icon_biggrin.gif

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 11:04pm
post #6 of 10

I think you're good there icon_biggrin.gif The yogurt will do the same as the sour cream, and the Bailey's and the coffee creamer all have some fat.

ZAKIA6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZAKIA6 Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 12:25am
post #7 of 10

Sounds like ur using a version of the wasc. Should be ok (kakeladi's wasc doesn't call for oil and its still moist)

sugarlicious Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 12:30am
post #8 of 10

Thanks everyone, it turned out ok icon_biggrin.gif I even made some little heart shape cakes out of the left over batter and they tasted yummy! The cake will be even tastier when cooled and filled and frosted with Irish cream flavored creamer buttercream, making this cake for the gift opening the day after my sons wedding this weekend icon_biggrin.gif

Win Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Win Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 12:34am
post #9 of 10

thumbs_up.gif

sugarlicious Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 12:34am
post #10 of 10

Oh yes Zakia6, forgot to say it is a wasc version that was posted in one of the forum threads by a cakecentral member, not sure now who it was, but it is "Irish Cream Cake" name of the cake. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%