Mmf In A Mixer?

Decorating By whit6 Updated 8 Sep 2009 , 2:45pm by caseyhayes

whit6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whit6 Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 9:37pm
post #1 of 8

I LOVE MMF, but am starting to HATE the mess of making it. I have heard a person say they do it in a kitchenaid with the dough hook but I am a little skeptical, does this really work as well as kneading it by hand>

7 replies
OMGitsaLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OMGitsaLisa Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 9:44pm
post #2 of 8

One of the women in my cake class said that she made some MMF in her kitchenaid and the next day it wouldn't turn on. It's possible that it wouldn't do damage, but I wouldn't risk it, myself.

caseyhayes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caseyhayes Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 9:45pm
post #3 of 8

I do my MMF in my standup mixer and it works wonders!

drummer27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drummer27 Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 9:47pm
post #4 of 8

I've only made it once but the one time I made it I used my KitchenAid and a dough hook. My mixer did just fine. I would not make it any other way, it would be too much of a mess.

caseyhayes Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 9:51pm
post #5 of 8

Just make sure you use the dough hook.

mamanof3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamanof3 Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 9:52pm
post #6 of 8

I always use my mixer. I use the recipe that calls for 4 cups of icing sugar and a small bag of marshmallows and I never double it. I also have the Professional 600 Kitchenaid, I don't know if that makes a difference.

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 10:45pm
post #7 of 8

I never use my mixer, and very seldom have much of a mess. I use Rhonda's Ultimate MMF. I melt my marshmallows in a very large Pyrex bowl,add my flavoring, karo, and lemon juice. I then start sifting my powdered sugar into the marshmallows, about 1/3 of a 2# package. I stir that in til it is incorporated. Add the 2nd 3rd of the sugar, again, just stir it in. Then I grease my hands, add the rest of the sugar and start kneading it right in the bowl. Knead, using as much of the sugar as needed, until it is your right consistency. Grease and wrap it, you are good to go. Put hot soapy water in the bowl and in a few minutes, it will clean up with the swish of a dish rag or sponge. HTH

caseyhayes Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 2:45pm
post #8 of 8

I don't have a kitchenaid. I have a HamiltonBeach Ecletrics, it's not as heavy duty as the KitchenAid but it does one making of fondant just fine. I melt my marshmallows down and then pour it in the bowl and add the PS one cup at a time. I hate getting my hands nasty sticky. You do have to knead the fondant but only after the nasty stage. Piece of cakeicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%