Need Bulk Recipe For Donation

Baking By Cake4ever Updated 8 Sep 2009 , 7:34pm by Lelka

Cake4ever Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake4ever Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 9:50am
post #1 of 5

to the Special Olympics to be held here. They are having over 600 participants plus volunteers. They are asking for donations of a lot of baked goods.

I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas? I think a WASC recipe might work, but I'm worried about icing. They all have to be individually wrapped and I know BC won't work.

I was thinking of possibly doing a pumpkin muffin or something like that, since it doesn't have to be iced.

Any suggestions? thumbs_up.gif

4 replies
JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 11:26am
post #2 of 5

If it were me, I'd do something in bar form that could just be baked in a sheet pan, cut into squares, then wrapped. Greasing that many muffin tins and scooping in batter sounds like a lot of work!

Brownies are always a hit, or you could do a Tollhouse cookie recipe in a pan. I have several recipes for granola-type bar cookies that have oatmeal in them if you'd like to see them.

It's terrific that you're supporting Special Olympics -- it's a great program!

Cake4ever Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake4ever Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 3:11pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you for your reply! icon_biggrin.gif

I've just been told we will not get any packed pumpkin until October. I have 2 cans left, I need to keep for my family.

So, I think I will have to come up with another idea. I'm trying to stay away from cookies and cupcakes and go with more of a muffin.

Thanks for the suggestions! icon_biggrin.gif

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 7:27pm
post #4 of 5

What about a banana muffin, or applesauce muffin? What size mixer do you have access to? If you have access to a large commercial mixer and oven i have the recipes for these, just pm me if you want them. It will take a day or two as they are at work. But they are very easy to make.

Lelka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lelka Posted 8 Sep 2009 , 7:34pm
post #5 of 5

I participated in Special Olympics fundraiser couple of years ago and I made 3 different types of brownies, cut it and individually wrapped it with a sticker.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%