I Am A Cake Decorator....... Funny!

Decorating By lthiele Updated 9 Sep 2009 , 8:30am by zdebssweetsj

lthiele Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lthiele Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 4:51am
post #1 of 18

Hi all - there is a piece called "I am a front desk agent" about working in hotels. It has been around for a long time and I have no idea who wrote the original, but it's hilarious! I thought I would do my own interpretation for us.

Hope someone gets a laugh out of it!

I am a Cake Decorator

I have degrees in Economics, Engineering, Chemistry, Design and Marketing. I do all my own maintenance on appliances and my delivery vehicle. I am also a qualified counsellor.

Yes I do I have your wedding date booked in my diary, even though when we spoke two years ago, we did not discuss details and you have not contacted me since.

It is completely my fault that a tsunami flooded your party venue and I will definitely be able to find you an alternative with a caterer in 24 hours. Of course I should have known that 50 guests were unable to make it, I can absolutely take out the middle 2 tiers of your cake. No charge. Just pay me for the layers you will eat.

I am a cake decorator. I do not want anything for my time and would just be grateful if you reimburse me a few bucks for the flour and eggs. Of course I knew when you booked the cake for Saturday that you were leaving early Friday morning to drive to your sisterâs house in another state.

The mother of the bride, groomâs sister and great aunt Betty can certainly teach me a thing or two about cake decorating, I only wish I had met them years ago. It would be my pleasure to give your neighbourâs, nephewâs, bosses, secretary a family discount on a cake for her 3 year old. Iâm grateful she would trust me with such an important cake.

I realise itâs my fault that you forgot to organise a cake for your Fatherâs 60th tomorrow. I didnât mean it when I said no the first two phone calls, you saving face is way more important than my sonâs soccer grand final. And yes you can have the 4 tier, fishing themed cake you told everyone you were getting, complete with gumpaste Marlin leaping out of the water and your dad sitting in a replica 40 foot Cruiser. Sleep for me is over-rated, but you rest easy, donât want bags for the party.

I am a cake decorator. I am the best type of friend to have. No Iâm not offended my birthday passed without mention, I personally hate cake. Of course I can reproduce that designer $2000 cake to your budget of $100. I fully understand your right to complain should it not look identical to the picture and will happily refund your $100 AND make your anniversary cake.

I am after allâ¦â¦ a cake decorator.

Lauren Thiele 2009

17 replies
LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 5:07am
post #2 of 18

icon_lol.gif

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 5:09am
post #3 of 18

OMG that is too cute...sounds like the last few contacts I have had for cakes would fit right in there. You know the bride who wants a wedding cake in 5 days, 4 tier, one that looks like s stump, three in camo with gumpaste leaves and a large gumpaste deer head for the top for $100!

Needless to say....she did not become my customer....

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 5:11am
post #4 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by patticakesnc

OMG that is too cute...sounds like the last few contacts I have had for cakes would fit right in there. You know the bride who wants a wedding cake in 5 days, 4 tier, one that looks like s stump, three in camo with gumpaste leaves and a large gumpaste deer head for the top for $100!

Needless to say....she did not become my customer....

icon_lol.gif You have GOT to be lieing!

cblupe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cblupe Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 5:21am
post #5 of 18

Lauren that is too funny. Would you mind emailing me so I can frame it and hang it on the wall? [email protected].

Thanks,
Carol

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 5:24am
post #6 of 18

LOL

jenbug_8806 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbug_8806 Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 5:30am
post #7 of 18

I love this! LOL!!!

cocobean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobean Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 6:18am
post #8 of 18

hehehe...save!

favrtdtr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
favrtdtr Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 7:02am
post #9 of 18

Ironically enough, I AM a front desk agent and have loved the original for years - and this is going right beside my copy of that as soon as I start doing cakes for real. This is terrific - great job!!

lthiele Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 7:26am
post #10 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by favrtdtr

Ironically enough, I AM a front desk agent and have loved the original for years - and this is going right beside my copy of that as soon as I start doing cakes for real. This is terrific - great job!!

Oh Judy - I was a FDA and then a Duty Manager for 2 years, the original must have hit every front office around the world via email - so funny! But so funny because people CAN be so ridiculous! Glad you liked it! icon_biggrin.gif

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 11:40am
post #11 of 18

Too funny!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 2:26pm
post #12 of 18

I think you thought of everything!! Very cute!

tatorchip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatorchip Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 2:41pm
post #13 of 18

That made my morning. FUNNY and sometimes TRUE

BabyC1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabyC1985 Posted 7 Sep 2009 , 2:49pm
post #14 of 18

lol, brilliant!!!

lthiele Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 5:57am
post #15 of 18

Feel free to add on if you like!

CakeWhizz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeWhizz Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 7:22am
post #16 of 18

Absolutely brilliant!

vegascandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vegascandy Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 7:46am
post #17 of 18

Thanks for posting this! Soo funny!

This is def my fave!! Soo true!
I am a cake decorator.
I am the best type of friend to have. No Iâm not offended my birthday passed without mention, I personally hate cake. Of course I can reproduce that designer $2000 cake to your budget of $100. I fully understand your right to complain should it not look identical to the picture and will happily refund your $100 AND make your anniversary cake.

zdebssweetsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zdebssweetsj Posted 9 Sep 2009 , 8:30am
post #18 of 18

Still laughing

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%