Pixie Dust/ Fairy Dust Edible?

Decorating By amberkw Updated 3 Sep 2009 , 3:16pm by MikeRowesHunny

amberkw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amberkw Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 2:02pm
post #1 of 5

I bought some from GSArt and it doesn't say edible. Grrrr. They need to put that its NOT, rather than put nothing on their site. It says something like arts & crafts on the bottle. Didn't see that on the site. What are the names of all edible dusts & sparkles? I need some for my daughters cinderella shoe, and all future projects.

4 replies
Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 2:39pm
post #2 of 5

You more than likely won't find anything with the sparkle of disco dust in an actual edible form. I just tell people to not eat those pieces that are on the cake. (they are non-toxic, but still, I would not eat them)

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 2:45pm
post #3 of 5

I use Rainbow Dust & Edable Art glitters. Whilst not food, I have/do eat pieces that have these on them (then again, I happily eat silver dragees by the handful!) l- the glitters are non--toxic, and at worst will give you sparkly poo - even then you'd have to down several tubs of the stuff I reckon icon_wink.gif!

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 3:00pm
post #4 of 5

For my personal use, I wouldn't care (Other than getting the glitter stuck in my teeth!) I just cover myself when it is a cake that I have sold. icon_wink.gif

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 3:16pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loucinda

For my personal use, I wouldn't care (Other than getting the glitter stuck in my teeth!) I just cover myself when it is a cake that I have sold. icon_wink.gif

I don't worry then either! I don't live in a sue-someone-just-for-looking-at-you-funny culture though. The glitter is too fine to get stuck in your teeth (at leats the brands I use)!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%