How Would This Look?

Decorating By hobbymommy Updated 3 Sep 2009 , 2:08am by txnonnie

hobbymommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hobbymommy Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 6:49pm
post #1 of 4

I am doing a cake for a church gathering this weekend. I'd like to do a tiered cake....3, maybe 4. I have several ideas, but am not sure what to go with.

I want chocolate & ivory colors, maybe some swirls or scrollwork.

1) Alternating tiers choc/ivory/choc - ivory swirls on choc tiers, choc fondant monogram (church) in the middle???

2) I'd also like to include some dipped strawberries. How would that look on the cake I described?

I'm open to suggestions & would love to see any pics, too. I'm nervous about this cake. I've had a very busy week, my best friend of over 20 yrs is in the hosp. w/severe complications from a brain surgery back in July. I'm going to see her tonight & then going to TRY to concentrate & come up with something for this cake tomorrow, as I certainly NEED to get started, lol. I'm trying to serve 300.

Thanks for any help!
Crystal
SAHMommy to Madison (9, HLHS), Natalie (5, Healthy), Neveah (1, renal dysplasia - transplant soon - YEAH!), & 1 angel (m/c on 11/15/0icon_cool.gif

3 replies
Mensch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mensch Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 6:51pm
post #2 of 4

Big cake!

I hope your friend will be all right.

Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 6:55pm
post #3 of 4

Big cake indeed, And hope your friend gets well soon! i think the cake sounds lovley, i can just imagine it, perhaps the dipped strawberrys around the edges of the tiers . I like the idea of alternating tier colours, i think it will make the cake really pop icon_smile.gif

txnonnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txnonnie Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 2:08am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caths_Cakes

Big cake indeed, And hope your friend gets well soon! i think the cake sounds lovley, i can just imagine it, perhaps the dipped strawberrys around the edges of the tiers . I like the idea of alternating tier colours, i think it will make the cake really pop icon_smile.gif

I agree with this. Alternating is a great idea.

Prays for your friend. Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%