"50" Cake To Serve 100?

Decorating By cookinqueen Updated 2 Sep 2009 , 4:29pm by cownsj

cookinqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookinqueen Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 3:26pm
post #1 of 5

I have been asked to do a cake to feed 100 people in the shape of 50. Does any one have any suggestions on what size pans to use to form the 5 and 0 that will be big enough to feed that many people?

Thanks a bunch

Michelle

4 replies
rainbow_kisses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rainbow_kisses Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 4:19pm
post #2 of 5

thats sounds like an imposibility unless you make a sheet cake to be served along side icon_eek.gif but some one else might have an answer icon_smile.gif

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 4:22pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrummymummy

thats sounds like an imposibility unless you make a sheet cake to be served along side icon_eek.gif but some one else might have an answer icon_smile.gif

I agree...that is what I would do icon_rolleyes.gif

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 4:26pm
post #4 of 5

what about just 2 double layered half sheet cakes carved? If they're double layered they will go much further servings wise. 2 double layered 12x18 would be 216 servings.........2 double layered 11x15 would be 140 servings before carving.......Either one you go with you should have more than enough, considering the "0" won't have much carved off, just the 4 corners and a bit of the center.

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 4:29pm
post #5 of 5

I came across this pan the other day. I wasn't interested because I couldn't think of any need for it right now. Maybe this could help you? Sure would save lots of cake and cutting:
http://www.kitchenkrafts.com/product.asp?pn=BP2239
Look at the view of the cake done, plus the alternate view. You use the large pan, then they have square pieces for you to fill in anyplace you DON'T want the cake to go, thereby creating exactly the letter (and hopefully number) that you want, and that's all that bakes. It's called the Create-a-Shape Cake Pan.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%