Which Flavor Cake To Go W/bavarian Creme Filling?

Baking By CakeItGood Updated 24 Aug 2005 , 1:43am by dodibug

CakeItGood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeItGood Posted 23 Aug 2005 , 7:32pm
post #1 of 2

Besides, the obvious choice ... what flavors of cake would go well with a Bavarian Creme filling sleeve? I bought two of them thinking they would go well with a chocolate fudge cake, but DH thinks that is not my best idea. icon_lol.gif

I have not tried a bavarian creme before - have not even opened the package yet.

Also thought about mixing my sleeve of bavarian creme with the sleeve of strawberry to put in the middle of my lemon cake. Maybe thinking isn't such a good thing for me, because DH didn't like that one either!

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Jen

1 reply
dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 24 Aug 2005 , 1:43am
post #2 of 2

I never think about putting it with anything besides the white cake because I love bavarian cream and I'm a purist with this one! I think it might be good with the lemon cake though but I don't think I would mix the two but maybe more of a swirl of strawberry in the bavarian cream. That way you would get the mix but also keep their distinct flavors. Also with the white cake you can put some toasted almonds on top of the layer of filling and it is so good. That's what I had for my wedding cake

icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%