First Cake Need Some Advice

Decorating By bfff17 Updated 2 Sep 2009 , 7:54pm by bfff17

bfff17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bfff17 Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 1:18pm
post #1 of 5

I am new My friend makes Fondant Cakes and I saw her pictures and thought that this looks like it would be fun. So where do I start? what do I do i Need? any Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
G

4 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 1:23pm
post #2 of 5

Yes..it is fun but alot of work also...Maybe you could sign up for some local classes at Michael's craftstore or Joann's Craftstore to help you get started.

Welcome to CC!!

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 1:29pm
post #3 of 5

I second what KiddieKakes says. There is nothing like getting some structured guidance. If you have never decorated cakes before, I would suggest starting with the 1st level course. Once you finish that one, you can just move on up to the fondant course. Good Luck and have fun!

txnonnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
txnonnie Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 3:45pm
post #4 of 5

I agree as well. I would take some classes at Michaels or Hobby Lobby etc to get started. I like taking classes and learning new techniques. Reading on here is a great learning tool.

Getting all the pans, tips, bags, boards, cutters, etc can run into money. You can build your stock over time.

bfff17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bfff17 Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 7:54pm
post #5 of 5

thanks you guys for your advice I will definitely look into the classes I didnt even think of that.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%