Looking For A Caramlized Pear Filling Recipe

Baking By sunsational Updated 3 Sep 2009 , 12:51am by playingwithsugar

sunsational Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunsational Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 3:26pm
post #1 of 4

I had a friend who likes watching Amazing wedding cakes on WE

Well they did a cake that was cream cheese frosting with a carmelized pear filling she wants that for her birthday cake anyone have this filling by chance?

3 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 6:23pm
post #2 of 4

I didn't see it, so tell me, did you see them spread this on, or did they lay the caramelized pears on a cream cheese icing base?

Caramelized pears are not that easy to make, because the fruit is soft to begin with. You would have to bring your sugar up to the right stage, then add your fresh pears, cooking them only until they get the caramel coating and maybe a bit of browning on them. Think bananas foster, without the booze.

If you figure this out, let me know. This sounds like it would make a great filling for a tart.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

sunsational Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunsational Posted 2 Sep 2009 , 4:32pm
post #3 of 4

They spead it on they showed a pot simmering with the filling and then girl was smearing it on this wedding cake ontop the cream cheese filling.

Well I have an idea Im doing a test cake tonight to see if it work I make a caramel filling for a caramel cup pastry

Im going to modify that and incorporate the pears

Im making a spice cake with the cream cheese and if this filling turns out that what going to be on it So we see how this test cake comes out and tastes.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 3 Sep 2009 , 12:51am
post #4 of 4

You need a focus group. I volunteer. icon_lol.gif

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%