Best Marble Cake...

Baking By mina_mina Updated 21 Sep 2009 , 11:18pm by matthewkyrankelly

mina_mina Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 9:02am
post #1 of 9

hello everyone
i was asked to make a marble cake but i've never made one before. what is the best marble cake recipe you tried and was happy with it?
thanks a lot icon_smile.gif

8 replies
mina_mina Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 2:32am
post #2 of 9

doesnt anyone have a recipe?????

cags31 Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 2:56am
post #3 of 9

I would like one too. I need to make one in october and i haven't done one either. I did a google search there is a few out there. i found this website:
http://smokymountaincafe.blogspot.com/2009/03/marble-pound-cake-and-awards.html
Haven't tried it yet, but will have to in a couple of weeks.
Hopefully we get some help.
icon_smile.gif

mina_mina Posted 1 Sep 2009 , 7:15am
post #4 of 9

thanks for the link cags31. let me know how it turns out.

karenm0712 Posted 11 Sep 2009 , 10:30pm
post #5 of 9

Would like to refresh this thread!

I have a request for a marble cake as well. I prefer to use the WASC for my yellow, but don't want to make a batch of Darn Good Chocolate if I can just replace the batter with something. Anyone have ideas or a thread they can link us too?

Thanks!
Karen

cags31 Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 1:08pm
post #6 of 9

I finally made that cake tonight can't say i'm 100% happy with it. It wasn't as moist as they claimed it to be. Will have to find another one, quick!!

indydebi Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 1:32pm
post #7 of 9

I use my favorite white cake batter and my favorite chocolate cake batter and marble them. No special marble recipe ... just the tried and true favorites! thumbs_up.gif

cags31 Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 11:09pm
post #8 of 9

Thanks for the tip indydebi, i think i might just do that.

matthewkyrankelly Posted 21 Sep 2009 , 11:18pm
post #9 of 9

You could just make your normal recipe and reserve 20%-25% of the batter and add some cocoa. Plop this batter in the already poured caked batter and swirl lightly. Now my grandmother always did the swirl with a butter knife. It seemed to cut through the batter, but had just enough pull to give it that "latte" style decoration.... long before anyone ever ordered a latte.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%