Cake Decorating Tips Please And A Quick Question (Or Three)

Decorating By kellyanne1981 Updated 29 Aug 2009 , 7:46pm by kellyanne1981

kellyanne1981 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellyanne1981 Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 8:58am
post #1 of 4

Hi

I was asked last month to do a birthday cake for my friends son. He is really into dirt bikes!

I was considering just cutting out a template and using rolled fondent icing.

i then considered making a sp model , but i stupidly watched ace of cakes the other night and they had problems with it! so if they had problems i have a cat in hells chance of pulling it off!! icon_sad.gif

So here are the questions...
Should i give it a go, does anyone have any tips?
how far in advance can i make sugar paste models?
Should i just chicken out and make it from template or even buy a toy bike??

Thanks! xx

3 replies
kakedreamer1212 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakedreamer1212 Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 10:13am
post #2 of 4

You can do this! just keep the bike simple. I made a motercycle to go on top of a little girls cake for her first birthday. Her name was Harley. It was my first and it really wasnt that difficult. The cake is in my pics, its a 2 teir black and pink cake with the motorcycle on top. I think I put the motorcycle together as I was decorating the cake the night before it was due and I just used fondant to make it. I know your wanting to make a dirt bike but it wouldnt be to much trouble to change this to a dirt bike I dont think. Just keep it simple.

Rosiepan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosiepan Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 12:44pm
post #3 of 4

http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&source=hp&q=dirt%20bike%20cake&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi
Hi not sure if this is of any help but I googled dirt bike cake images and quite a few came up that you may get inspiration from.
Good luck with it all.

kellyanne1981 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellyanne1981 Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 7:46pm
post #4 of 4

awww thanks to you both for replying!
i didnt even thinki of doing a image google, and thats what i normally do b4 i start!! dont know where my head is at, at the moment!!

thanks again for all your replies!!

kel xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%