leah_s Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 2:47am
post #1 of 51

is called to order.
Whatcha workin' on?

50 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 2:48am
post #2 of 51

I'm finishing up a four tier wedding cake (easy week, only 1 wedding) and watching Food Network.

leah_s Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 2:51am
post #3 of 51

And I need to clean a print head. blargh

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 2:55am
post #4 of 51

Next week, I'm doing an R2D2 'head' (top of dome) sinking into a swamp. Nephew's b'day.

JoJo0855 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoJo0855 Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 3:00am
post #5 of 51

Tonight I'm just 'working on' a can of Pringles chips icon_rolleyes.gif , checking out the latest CakeWrecks (omg that site is so funny), poking around Facebook and in a few minutes think I'll hit the sack.

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 3:01am
post #6 of 51

Leah, where did your avatar pic go? I miss it. I don't know if it's you or not, but I pretend it is, and I imagine you (in a fond way) as the cake nazi ~ NO CAKE FOR YOU!

Sorry, it's past my bedtime.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 3:03am
post #7 of 51

I am doing nothing! Babysitting my two grandkids (well, actually the 17 year old is in charge of them!) They camped out in the family room and all 3 were asleep on the floor by 9:00!! Easiest sitting job ever!

So hubby and I are enjoying an old movie on tv and enjoying the quiet!

I have a small bridal show on Sunday so I'll be spending tomorrow making a couple of dummies and some cake samples. AFTER the grandkids are picked up though! icon_smile.gif

abra526 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abra526 Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 3:05am
post #8 of 51

sketching out a design for a construction themed bday cake, and baking and torting a 12" and a 10" for my first ever wedding cake!!! soo excited!

leah_s Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 3:06am
post #9 of 51

Yeah, I wasn't really fond of the Cake Nazi comments. Hold a whisk and all heck breaks loose.

Shelle_75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shelle_75 Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 3:09am
post #10 of 51

Sorry! Like I said, it was in a totally fond and humorous way.

How about Cake Master or Cake Jedi? May the forks be with you.

abra526 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abra526 Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 3:10am
post #11 of 51

Yes, Leah s, I was fairly intimidated upon first seeing your pic, but I became much more accepting after reading a few of your posts. Your pic always reminded me of the way the make the cake competitors stand as they are introducing them at the beginning of challenge. "now try to have a serious face, this is a competion!"

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 3:14am
post #12 of 51

I'm not working on anything cake related tonight either. I've cleaned up the kitchen, got the kids to bed and will be spending the night surfing the net (mostly cc of course). Leahs I miss the pic too!

leah_s Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 3:23am
post #13 of 51

So, let's fix my edible printer. I can clean the print head, but there's no yellow ink moving in the ink tank. The tank is full but the ink is staying in the reservoir side and not flowing over to the side that feeds the print head. Ideas?

veronica720 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronica720 Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 3:24am
post #14 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelle_75

Cake Jedi? May the forks be with you.

I like that.

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 3:24am
post #15 of 51

im starting my cake and prep work for a smurf cake for my friends daughter due on sunday. i have to go to a fair tomorrow (yes in the pouring rain!!!) so im baking tonight, torting and doing some fondant work, then tomorrow night after the fair ill finish the cake. i hate taking a break when i want to do a cake. it takes my mo-jo away. plus not looking forward to staying up all night on saturday.
it will be the first time i try a RIT! so i told my friend if it doesnt come out right then she will get a pretty plain decorated cake.
wish me luck!

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 3:25am
post #16 of 51

I have a WASC cake in the oven it will be a three tier baby shower cake for a friend on Sunday its a girl so it will have a lot of pink on it I will decorate it tomorrow since the shower is not until 6:00 in the evening on Sunday. I plan to be up late tonight

Molly

veronica720 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronica720 Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 3:28am
post #17 of 51

Sounds like a blockage. Could any ink have dried in the pathway or something?

leah_s Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 3:32am
post #18 of 51

Everything seems damp in the ink tank. Darndest thing I've dealt with so far on the edible printer. Which has been mostly a PITA for several years.

Brandy982006 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brandy982006 Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 3:33am
post #19 of 51

I am making the most important cake of my life...It is a cake which will be presented to a financial banker who may be the one to help me open my own baker....Crossing my fingers....I am so nervous. It is his birthday and he is into the sport of polo (the one with horses, not water, lol) so I am going to incorporate it all in there.

Wish me luck icon_biggrin.gif

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 3:33am
post #20 of 51

i finished 2 cute cakes late today..one was girlie pirate. the other for a lady who loves to get pedicures. they were fun to do..

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 3:34am
post #21 of 51

Absolutely nothing. It's my anniversary weekend. Hubby & I will be by ourselves tomorrow night, alone, at the the hotel we spent our wedding night. This will be the first time we are alone in a room at night in...3 years!!!!

leah_s Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 3:47am
post #22 of 51

Brandy - good vibes headed your way
LaBella - "good times" vibes headed your way :icon_wink.gif:

LaBellaFlor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaBellaFlor Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 3:51am
post #23 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

Brandy - good vibes headed your way
LaBella - "good times" vibes headed your way :icon_wink.gif:

party.gif Absolutely! thumbs_up.gif

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 3:52am
post #24 of 51

Good luck Brandy!

Congratulations LaBellaFlor!

Tonight, I have one, 3 tier,20's themed, black/red/white, topsy turvy. I stuck the top tier in the freezer to firm up so I can handle it easier. I swear...those things irritate me so! I do the 'hole' technique and regardless of how many times I measure and account for the slant and the possible extra icing, I still get the freakin' hole too small and wind up trimming it out some more! While the top firms up, I'm going outside to smoke and think...the decorations for this is becoming close to all but the kitchen sink on it! oof!

bbiab

Leah, there was a site with a visual tutorial on how to clean the doohicky on the tank when they get clogged...something to do with using a needle and pulling out that plug and ...it'll take a bit for me to find it, 'cause like everything else, I found it while searching for something else.

alanaj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanaj Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 3:52am
post #25 of 51

Aundrea--I can't wait to see pics of the smurf cake, I love those little blue guys.

Brandy---good luck girl!

I've got 4 cakes this weekend. Two baby showers, one 60th bday, and a 2 tier fall wedding display cake for a catering shop I supply to. Going to be a LATE night. I have to get them all done (or at least mostly) tonight because I'm attending the 60th tomorrow. I had my last cup of coffee at 8pm and I'm considering another...

Tonight was my first time using an edible image. I got mine printed elsewhere though so I'm afraid I'm no help to you Leah.

leah_s Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 3:54am
post #26 of 51

all4 - that sounds like what I need!

The print head is clean now.

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 4:01am
post #27 of 51

Working on a two tier birthday cake...made the MMF today, divided, colored two of the divisions green and blue and left the rest white. Cake cooling on the rack as I type. Will torte it in a bit and then wrap it and freeze it. Tomorrow I'll work on the decorations...let them dry overnight and then Sunday is final decoration day.

Good luck Brandy! Sounds like a VERY important cake!

Cat

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 4:01am
post #28 of 51

No cakes for me tonight...just wanted to say hi to all y'all ladies working hard tonight icon_biggrin.gif

Speaking of edible images, I saw someone on craigslist selling (trying to sell) them for $25 each. Is that kind of high for them or should I invest in a printer too? icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 4:04am
post #29 of 51

texasrose- 25/per sheet? yes that is high. you can do much better else where.
still baking cakes and trying to get motivated to finish fondant work. ugh!
its raining so hard, and my bed keeps calling my name.

leah_s Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 4:05am
post #30 of 51

I charge $10 per sheet for EIs. Well, assuming I can get the printer to work . . .

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%