Have You Seen The Aoc Toy?

Decorating By CakeMakar Updated 29 Aug 2009 , 2:15am by CutiePieCakes-Ontario

CakeMakar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMakar Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 6:55pm
post #1 of 5

I've seen this at Target a couple times now and was wondering what ya'll thought of it?
It has fondant, a turntable, an air-suck tool, little cake pans, decorations, tools...
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0028K3TEY/?tag=cakecentral-20

Of course, my child has the real stuff to "play" with, so I'd have a hard time convincing my husband to let me buy it "for her". icon_biggrin.gif I want to play with one, just to play with it. It doesn't look quality or anything and it's expensive at $40.

Here's an article and shows more pictures:
http://www.blisstree.com/bakingdelights/ace-of-cakes-baking-kit/

4 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 7:07pm
post #2 of 5

Looking at it, I think my 4 year old would enjoy it but my 7 year old is already past it. Not all kids would be though, I've babysat older kids who would have totally loved it.

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 9:05pm
post #3 of 5

it is pretty cool, i can imagine it being super popular actually. kids (in general) love kitchens, baking and being like grown ups.
but i think if your child watches cake shows, and sees the perfect fondant edges, and is a bit of a perfectionist, they might just get wound up by it!
xx

PuffCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PuffCake Posted 28 Aug 2009 , 9:32pm
post #4 of 5

I can't speak to the cake toy pictured, but my 8 year old daughter got the Girl Gourmet Cupcake maker for her birthday and IT's AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL. The squeeze gun thing doesn't come apart to wash it thoroughly and the thing that is supposed to swirl the icing on the cupcake doesn't work well at all. Not to mention the cupcake mix and icing mix taste TERRIBLE. Even my daughter wouldn't eat it and I call her my little junk food junkie who will eat anything with sugar in it. I would go so far as to say the cupcakes actually tasted inedible to me...they were that bad. She got this a month ago and it's already sitting in our basement gathering dust. After our experience with it, I checked out the reviews on Amazon and the description I just gave of it is tame! One woman actually likened the cupcake smell to dog poo. I can't imagine the new "cake" toy is any better than the cupcake one. You're much better off making the real kind. It's too bad because kids are drawn to that kind of stuff. My daughter is now no longer enamored with it. I give it a BIG THUMBS DOWN thumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gif

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 29 Aug 2009 , 2:15am
post #5 of 5

Pretty sad that a toy decorating kit has an airbrush, and I don't. icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%